Humm...

Forum: Birth Control

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Control LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 21st, 2006, 11:19 PM
BrandiiNikkii.*'s Avatar Mommy to Girls ♥
Hey ladies.
I am going 4 my 6week cheek up on the 13th. I was gonna get the IUD but donno if I wan that one now cause me and my DH are wanting to try for another baby in 6 months 0r a year. I cant do Depo cause of blood clots I want do ortho anymore cause it kills people & causes tons of damage...plus it messed me up. I donno bout the pill cause I know I will forget to take it.
So what else can I do?

August 22nd, 2006, 08:55 AM
queenofthecastle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You can always get the IUD taken out when your ready to start TTC. However, you might wanna compair the price of the IUD vs. what another b/c option. It may not be cheaper overall. Have you thought about the ring?? I know ladies that use it and love it!!

Angie

=May '05 and '11

August 22nd, 2006, 08:57 AM
mommytutu's Avatar mom to Emma & Jacqueline
I agree. I think the ring is the best option for you, under the guidelines that you have stated at least.

You put it in your vagina once a month, and you don't have to worry about it after that. You can also take it out for up to three hours, say, if you want to have sex without it in.

The side effects are about the same as the pill, but you don't have to bother with remembering to take yucky pills each day!

August 22nd, 2006, 09:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Cassie Send a message via MSN to Cassie Send a message via Yahoo to Cassie
I would say don't get the IUD. For one, after insertion, you can bleed for up to 6 months (I bled for 3 months). That would be rather irritating if you're just going to have it removed. And secondly, it may cause some infertility problems. I had mine in for only 11 months, and it stopped my ovulation, even after the removal. After 7 months of no ovulation, I had to go on Clomid, and finally got pregnant on that after 2 rounds. Since you're planning on trying within the next year, the IUD may cause more problems than you want to deal with. For the record, I was a rare case, but I've spoken with a lot of women post-IUD, and the majority of them took 4 months after removal to get pregnant.

I'd say either do your best with the pill, or like the others suggested, try the ring. I personally hated the ring, it gave me bad side effects, but every woman is different and you may do fine with it. GL!

August 22nd, 2006, 09:39 PM
BrandiiNikkii.*'s Avatar Mommy to Girls ♥
Thanks ladies the ring sounds like it might be good!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search