Yasmin

Forum: Birth Control

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Control LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 22nd, 2006, 08:40 AM
I've been taking Yasmin for about 5 years. Mostly, I love it because my periods before it were AWFUL. I was at least always regular, but very heavy & crampy! I do get headaches (not migraines) fairly often, but not sure that can be attributed to the Yasmin.

I've been reading HORROR stories on the net about people w/awful symptoms when taking Yasmin, and some about what people are going through since STOPPING the Yasmin. I'm just starting day 3 without it, and haven't noticed anything yet personally. Just wondering if any of you have taken Yasmin, and what your experience was like. Thanks in advance! I think I just need to quit reading so much!
August 22nd, 2006, 11:09 AM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
I honestly can't say much good about it. The only nice thing was that the hormones in it were so high that my AF was light and only lasted about 3 days. The problem is that I had NO sex drive and when I quit using it, it took us a year TTC to get Ben. I know fertility wasn't the issue because I have 7 losses.
August 25th, 2006, 02:40 PM
Rachael1983's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Rachael1983 Send a message via Yahoo to Rachael1983
well, i'm the total opposite! i've been on yasmin since i was about 14 due to irregularity and horrible cramps. it did wonders for me and i was always wanting to have sex, once i started having sex which was right before i turned 21. my periods were normal. i got off in september of last year and i was fine off of them and got pregnant in no time. yasmin was the only pill that would help me and not put me into depression.
August 28th, 2006, 08:48 AM
Madylyn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Madylyn Send a message via Yahoo to Madylyn
I've been on 3 types of BCP and Yasmin was definitely my favorite! I was first on Ortho, which caused a LOT of weight gain and I switched to ortho-lo and it helped some, but I was still getting migranes (from the amount of hormones) Then I switched the Yasmin and wasn't on it very long, but didn't see any of the problems I had with ortho. With all of them I had very little sex drive, migraines, but a very light period, completely regular cycles and right when I got off Yasmin to being TTC, my cycles were exactly as regular as they were on the pill. We got pregnant 3rd cycle no problems!

Check out my pics & my blog!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search