bad birth control....

Forum: Birth Control

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Control LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 5th, 2006, 08:37 AM
queenofthecastle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
PLEASE NO DEBATING OR CRITIZING!!!

Do you think there is a "bad" form of birth control?? Or one that you wouldn't ever use??

I don't think that I would ever use Depo. I've heard bad things about it and I don't like shots enough to get it done.

Angie

=May '05 and '11

September 5th, 2006, 08:59 AM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
I have to agree ... I was considering Depo when I go back onto b/c, but I did a bunch of research and am glad I did!

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
September 5th, 2006, 09:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am unsure about the pill and IUD because of the "back up plan" with those methods. I have to do more research to decide what I really think about it.

September 5th, 2006, 09:30 AM
Super Mommy
Depo. I literally almost died from it at 19. I ended up in the hospital in Germany & they tried to force a hystarectomy on me. I bled for over a year straight after taking the shot only once.
September 5th, 2006, 10:11 AM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
PLEASE NO DEBATING OR CRITIZING!!!

Do you think there is a "bad" form of birth control?? Or one that you wouldn't ever use??

I don't think that I would ever use Depo. I've heard bad things about it and I don't like shots enough to get it done.

Angie[/b]
Yes, Depo is evil, horrible, poisonous stuff!

And beyond that, for us - anything that has the potential to disrupt a newly conceived life is a problem. So that's everything hormonal and the IUDs.

Everything hormonal has long term risks and I do think it's very unfair that women have to be medicated in order to be liberated. I don't like that they take a woman's perfectly healthy fertility and treat it like a disease or a curse. I like how I'm made, so we work with that - NFP.
September 5th, 2006, 12:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Cassie Send a message via MSN to Cassie Send a message via Yahoo to Cassie
Depo -- would never take it due to the side effects. Also the patch -- have never heard anything positive about it. And the ring -- had it for 10 days and the side effects were really bad for me.

Only recently have I been doing more research on birth control methods. Until now, I was always under the impression that hormonal methods, used correctly, would prevent ovulation completely. I thought that non-hormonal methods were the ones that thinned the lining of the uterus, preventing a fertilized egg from implanting. But now I've found out that you can still ovulate using hormonal methods, and they can also prevent a fertilized egg from implantation. So now I'm against all forms of birth control. We've been using the pull out method and will stick with it until dh gets his vasectomy. There's no other option for me.

September 6th, 2006, 11:37 AM
mommytutu's Avatar mom to Emma & Jacqueline
I would never use Depo (as I see most people won't) and I never suggest it for others to use.

I've been on the pill and the patch and I have never had any major problem with either. I'm hoping to get an IUD next week so we'll see how that goes.

September 6th, 2006, 02:09 PM
asianmama
depo evil~~~
September 9th, 2006, 06:03 PM
mimi23's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
just popping in from the July PR.. I used Depo for like 4 or 5 years with no problems, ever..
I know there are some information about it now, which wasnt there when I first starting taking it.. never researched it myself, but I know there was something about it thinning your bones, right? theres probly more too..
I am off it now.. I only gained a few pounds, but thats it.. thats why i went off, I wanted to loose those pounds, heh.
I switched to Alesse, and got PG. =)
and they say you wont get PG for a year after taking it.. thats not true, lol.

September 17th, 2006, 07:42 AM
~Danielle~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
For me it's Depo, the Patch and the Nuva Ring. I had bad side effects from the Depo and the Patch and with the Nuva Ring.. I ended up pregnant.

September 17th, 2006, 10:21 AM
Gina1978's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
For me its BCP..Ill never go back to using those.I hated the side effects.I gained 50lbs in 7 years,I had terrible mood swings,my sex drive totally disapeered,I totally dried up making sex totally pleasurless and sometimes painful,and did I meantion I GAINIED 50LBS!!!
If I manage to get pregnant again (thats another side effect my cycle is now totally messed up),I wont be using BCP again..Ill be looking into natural methods.

Thank you SO much for my new siggy Julia (Julka)!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search