Got on the pill today

Forum: Birth Control

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Control LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 15th, 2006, 12:14 PM
celeste's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I got the 28 tablet Lo/Ovral pill today. My big thing is I'm trying to regulate my period and have my period come in the middle of the month b/c I'm getting married April 28th this coming year and trying to get it on schedule now rather than waiting until a month before. So after reading the info when I take the "pink" pills this will be a reminder of my body to start my period. I just quit my period the 28th of this last month, not good considering that that's around then time I'll be getting married and on my HM. My doc said to take the sunday after my next period, but then that will regulate me to start at the wrong time. So my question is: if I take it this Sunday will it mess me up or just help to start to regulate it. I know that maybe the first month will be off, but after that should it regulate me to start in the middle of the month? Also another reason why I want to take it now instead of waiting is I'm going crazy worrying about getting PG. I need the peace of mind.

Well I just did the calculation and if I did do this then I'll finish the day of my wedding. So one more question, if this doesn't work and March comes around and it looks like I might be on my AF during the wedding, can I stop taking the pill a week before the wedding so it makes AF come, then start taking it after AF is done?

This BC thing is so confusing!!!!! TIA!!!

And Angie, I'll get a IUD after we get married, just for this reason trying to skip out my period during my big day!!!
September 16th, 2006, 02:15 PM
Gina1978's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
After I had my daughter I started on BCP.My doctor told me to start on the first day of my period so that it would stop me ovulating that cycle.If you start taking BCP in the middle of your cycle,it may take longer to work and you could ovulate the next month meaning that pregnancy is obvioulsy possible.
Didnt your doctor explain when you had to take them?
This is what I was told..
I had to take my first pill the first day of my period,the reason is to stop your next ovulation which ocurs mid cycle.Your first cycle on BCP could be a little weird..my period lasted for about 3 weeks on my first BCP cycle,but then it sorted its self out after that.You have to take them at the same time every day (I took them before I went to bed) and no,you cant stop taking them a week before you are supposed to because it would un-balance your cycle and you could get pregnant.
The down side of BCP is that you really have to be careful..you have to make sure you take it every single day at more or less the same time,because so many people have got pregnant taking them just because they forgot one.
I was on BCP for 7 years and never had a problem..Im having them now though (after stopping )

Thank you SO much for my new siggy Julia (Julka)!

September 16th, 2006, 02:19 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I got the 28 tablet Lo/Ovral pill today. My big thing is I'm trying to regulate my period and have my period come in the middle of the month b/c I'm getting married April 28th this coming year and trying to get it on schedule now rather than waiting until a month before. So after reading the info when I take the "pink" pills this will be a reminder of my body to start my period. I just quit my period the 28th of this last month, not good considering that that's around then time I'll be getting married and on my HM. My doc said to take the sunday after my next period, but then that will regulate me to start at the wrong time. So my question is: if I take it this Sunday will it mess me up or just help to start to regulate it. I know that maybe the first month will be off, but after that should it regulate me to start in the middle of the month? Also another reason why I want to take it now instead of waiting is I'm going crazy worrying about getting PG. I need the peace of mind.

Well I just did the calculation and if I did do this then I'll finish the day of my wedding. So one more question, if this doesn't work and March comes around and it looks like I might be on my AF during the wedding, can I stop taking the pill a week before the wedding so it makes AF come, then start taking it after AF is done?

This BC thing is so confusing!!!!! TIA!!!

And Angie, I'll get a IUD after we get married, just for this reason trying to skip out my period during my big day!!![/b]

Lots of women do just that, but just be forewarned that your body may not forgive you for putting it through all that hormonal chaos. You might end up with more trouble than you bargained for.
September 16th, 2006, 06:27 PM
queenofthecastle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Are you on a pill that you can skip the placebo pills and go straight to the active ones??

I know that you can with some of them. You could always try to do that. Take them as you normally would until April then that month (or when ever you finish up with your 3rd week) go straight to your "active" pills again and skip the last week.

You might wanna ask your dr about that option as well!!

Angie

=May '05 and '11

September 17th, 2006, 02:37 PM
celeste's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks girls for all of your advice, even though I am on BC me and DF still play it safe. I just want to BC peace of mind!!
September 17th, 2006, 08:27 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
No matter when you choose to start your cycle, you'll need to be on the pill for at least a month before you can consider it "safe" to have sex again. Like someone else said, if you decide to start it at the wrong time just to get your cycle in line with your wedding, you may have to use it for a couple of months before it's really effective.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search