Need some advice...

Forum: Birth Control

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Control LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 16th, 2006, 02:49 PM
Veteran
Send a message via AIM to Jakes_mommy04
Ok, so my name is Rachael, and I'm 19 years old. I have a two year old son, and my SO isn't really wanting another baby yet. On the other hand, I would LOVE to have another one soon. Anyways, I have been on the NuvaRing, and I have had some horrible side effects from it. I have been getting migraines at least once a week, and have felt depressed, and have been completely incapable of losing weight. I decided that this month I was going to try leaving the NuvaRing out, and see if that was for sure the reason I have felt so bad. Only problem is that I don't know how to tell SO this because he will think I'm "up to something" lol. Which I'm really not, I'm just so tired of feeling like crap all the time. I'm not sure what to do. I should be ovulating on tuesday or wednesday, and now that I'm not on BC, there's always a chance. I have considered not saying anything and if I got pregnant than it was meant to be, but I just feel like that's so mean and deceitful. I just couldn't do it.
So what do I do? Any ideas? How should I tell him? I'm thinking about just telling him that I need to see the doctor to findout why my BC makes me feel like this, but I'm afraid he'll be mad that I didn't tell him sooner.... Help Me!!

<div align="center"></div>

September 16th, 2006, 03:51 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Ok, so my name is Rachael, and I'm 19 years old. I have a two year old son, and my SO isn't really wanting another baby yet. On the other hand, I would LOVE to have another one soon. Anyways, I have been on the NuvaRing, and I have had some horrible side effects from it. I have been getting migraines at least once a week, and have felt depressed, and have been completely incapable of losing weight. I decided that this month I was going to try leaving the NuvaRing out, and see if that was for sure the reason I have felt so bad. Only problem is that I don't know how to tell SO this because he will think I'm "up to something" lol. Which I'm really not, I'm just so tired of feeling like crap all the time. I'm not sure what to do. I should be ovulating on tuesday or wednesday, and now that I'm not on BC, there's always a chance. I have considered not saying anything and if I got pregnant than it was meant to be, but I just feel like that's so mean and deceitful. I just couldn't do it.
So what do I do? Any ideas? How should I tell him? I'm thinking about just telling him that I need to see the doctor to findout why my BC makes me feel like this, but I'm afraid he'll be mad that I didn't tell him sooner.... Help Me!![/b]

You most certainly MUST tell him - so he has the option to not sleep with you when the possiblity of fertility exists, or use protection himself.

Be honest with him. Why is it necessary that you be on powerful synthetic hormones and feel like crap all the time just to be sexually available to him at all times? He can take some responsibility about your sexual relationship too - but that requires communication and openness about everything.
September 16th, 2006, 03:51 PM
~Jess~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You need to tell him-period. It would be absolutely wrong wrong wrong for you to risk it without his knowledge. Just tell him what you've written here about how you've been feeling so lousy. If you are completely honest with him and explain that he'll have to use a condom I don't see how he could think that you are "up to something."

September 16th, 2006, 04:09 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Be honest with him. Why is it necessary that you be on powerful synthetic hormones and feel like crap all the time just to be sexually available to him at all times? He can take some responsibility about your sexual relationship too - but that requires communication and openness about everything.[/b]
It's not about be "sexually available". I'm the one that chose the birth control for more reasons than one. It's just that this particular one isn't working well for me. I had a Mirena IUD earlier, and I loved it, but after 4 months my body rejected it...I have to be one something to regulate my periods, and to help with my horrible cramps. Pills always worked great for me, until I got rpegnant on them. lol.

He does take responsibility, but I'm not much for condoms, they usually make me really sore...so I opt not to use them.

September 16th, 2006, 06:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Cassie Send a message via MSN to Cassie Send a message via Yahoo to Cassie
I had the same side effects on the ring -- ditched it after 10 days.

You do have to tell him though. Just be honest. Tell him that you're having a lot of problems with it and you need to take it out. Maybe try another IUD, or try a different brand of pill...or something else, like the patch or shot (though I've rarely heard good things about them). That aside, I don't know what else to say since you need something for regulation and pain. Perhaps talk to your doctor about a progesterone supplement that you'd take at the end of the month to bring on your period? And just use Motrin for the cramps. If you had those alternatives, then you'd be able to just use natural family planning.

September 16th, 2006, 06:42 PM
queenofthecastle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Regardless of what your plans are you need to tell him that your not using anything. I'm sure that he would rather you be honest with him then not saying anything at all. It would be better in the long run for the both of you.

Have you discussed any other b/c options with your dr?? Tell him/her the side effects your having and see if there are other options available for you.

Angie

=May '05 and '11

September 16th, 2006, 07:02 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Regardless of what your plans are you need to tell him that your not using anything. I'm sure that he would rather you be honest with him then not saying anything at all. It would be better in the long run for the both of you.

Have you discussed any other b/c options with your dr?? Tell him/her the side effects your having and see if there are other options available for you.

Angie[/b]
I have tried a few differnet types of BC, just nothing seems to work for me...The pill was not good for me, the shot can cause infertility and that's just not a risk I'm willing to make, and ont of my friends almost died from the patch. I am running out of things to try. For a while I was just using gel contraceptive (spermacides) and that seemed to be working pretty well, but I just really didn't trust it.

I'm going to talk to my SO tonight and see what he has to say...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search