Alesse?

Forum: Birth Control

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Control LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 17th, 2006, 04:38 PM
Rusha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Rusha
Anyone have a bad experience with this?

Before I had my son, I was on Tricyclen. After having him, my doctor put me on Alesse. I took it for about 5 months and didn't have my period for 2 months, just got it this Friday again. I don't know if it is me or the pill, but this hasn't ever happened to me in my whole life!!

September 17th, 2006, 08:23 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
I'm on it right now. I've also been on Yasmin before. IMO alesse isn't nearly as strong as the other pills on the market. My periods don't come every 28 days (eventhough I'm taking all 28 pills! ). They usually come every 25-26 days and are just as long/heavy as a normal period would be. Is it possible you were pg? I've heard that some people have gotten pg on alesse just because it's not very strong.
September 20th, 2006, 09:57 AM
*Cassie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was on Alesse, and it worked for me for awhile, but now... well you see my siggy My period always came around the second or third day on the green pills, and sometimes lasted a day or two into the new pack. I was on it for a little less than a year, and then surprise!!

So I guess I'm one of those who got pregnant while on Alesse...haha.
September 20th, 2006, 05:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Alesse is the only BCP I've ever used. I did get pregnant on it but I was also on antibiotics at the time.
I finish a pack of pills on a Saturday (21-day pack). Period starts on the Tuesday, and usually done by the time I start the new pack on Sunday. I've never had any problems with early/late/missed periods. I'm also horrible at remembering to take them on time, but so far so good.

September 21st, 2006, 06:28 PM
ShannonMVT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm on Alesse, but about to get off of BCP. I was on another pill (Nordette) at first, but switched because I would get abdominal pain similar to the pain I got when I was off BCP and was ovulating. They put me on Alesse because it was so low dose.
I have had problems with spotting if I am not very careful about taking them at the same time every day.

September 21st, 2006, 07:22 PM
Girl_in_Alberta's Avatar Veteran
I've been on Alesse for 8 years and had no problems with it. I actually highly recommend it because it worked so well for me. But everyone is different and reacts to pills differently...
September 22nd, 2006, 01:08 PM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
Quote:
I've been on Alesse for 8 years and had no problems with it. I actually highly recommend it because it worked so well for me. But everyone is different and reacts to pills differently...[/b]
Maybe it's Alberta physiology?

But seriously, I was on Alesse for 3 years with no problems at all. I did notice that it didn't do much to regulate the timing of my period, it still liked to come and go as it pleased, but it did decrease the length and intensity of it. And no surprises, either - which impresses me now considering we managed to get pg without a month and a half of my stopping I definitely recommend at least trying it to see how your body reacts.

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
September 22nd, 2006, 03:17 PM
Shorty's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Shorty
I was on it for a year and never had any problems with it either. AF came at the same time each month but it didn't decrease the length of time she would stay
September 22nd, 2006, 05:48 PM
Maybe it's Alberta physiology?

[/quote]

Ha ha ha ha, I loved that.

I've been off Alesse for about 3 weeks now, what are all your symptoms after going off it?? I've been cramping and getting lightheaded at times, but mostly cramping. I can't wait till this clears out of my system!!

Oh man, my quote didn't work, how do you guys do selected quotes????

Oh ya, before I forget, my periods were definately shorter while I was on Alesse. It was awesome, it sometimes came right down to the hour when I new I would get it, ha ha ha.
September 22nd, 2006, 08:46 PM
Well, I think I'm going to go ahead and quit my BCP as of tonight. I am a little worried after reading in other posts how it took some women quite awhile for their cycles to return to normal after BC. We'll just have to use condoms until we are ready for TTC. (Feb/March!)
Forgot to mention, it made my periods a bit shorter and maybe a bit lighter, although it is hard to remember since I have been on BC for 6 years now.
I usually knew at least what day AF would come on and usually what time of day.
I'll let you know what my symptoms are as I go off Alesse.

September 22nd, 2006, 11:34 PM
To do selected quotes, just make sure that the first "quote ..." and closing "/quote" in brackets stays, you can delete anything within as you please.

I didn't really run into any symptoms when I went off Alesse, personally. I'm sorry you're running into bumps, I hope it clears out soon!

September 23rd, 2006, 08:34 AM
Shorty's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Shorty
I didn't have any symptoms after coming off Alesse either. My AF regulated itself out the first month off of Alesse too.
September 23rd, 2006, 07:16 PM
I should be getting AF on Monday if my periods are regular after going off Alesse. I'll let you guys know what happens....

Some people tell me the cramping could be due to the fact I might be preggo, not gonna get my hopes up till sometime this week, so we'll see I guess. I was almost gonna get a HPT today, but decided to wait, only cuz I just went off the pill not too long ago.
September 25th, 2006, 06:22 AM
Ooh! Good luck, you'll have to let us know!!

September 25th, 2006, 03:50 PM
So far AF is a no show....I'll keep ya posted. Tee hee
September 25th, 2006, 06:01 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to momopotamus Send a message via MSN to momopotamus
i got pregnant on Alesse too..

TTC #4 since 9/2013 150mg Clomid BFP 5/22/14! Stick Bean Stick!
We have a heartbeat :-) EDD 2/1/15!

September 27th, 2006, 10:43 AM
I got my period today, so it was only 2 days later than normal. Not bad for just getting off Alesse. I didn't know if my cycles would be screwed up or not. Only 2 more months of my body getting back to normal and then we can do some serious TTCing. Lol
September 27th, 2006, 07:19 PM
Okay I lied, I don't have my period, weird stuff going on now....posted this in trying to conceive, read on....

Okay, I just got off the BCP about a month ago, and if my cycles are regular, I should have gotten my period this week (monday to be exact). Well today is Wednesday (and I'm being easy going about this because I know the pill can screw up your period after going off it) and I was wiping after peeing and got a tinge of blood on it. But not too much to start a tampon or anything. Then an hour later there was a bit more so I decided to put a tampon in. Well about 6 hours later (about 4 this afternoon) I decided to change it and guess what, there was nothing on it!!!!! It is 8:15 and I'm still clean as can be. So what gives??? Does anybody have any advice....I have no idea if my body is screwing with me or it could be implantation bleeding (and if it was, there definately wasen't a whole lot there). Help me if you got advice ladies!!!
September 29th, 2006, 07:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I was on it for about two years and have no complaints.
October 1st, 2006, 05:31 PM
I've been off the Alesse a couple weeks now and so far the only complaint I have is that I seem to be getting headaches a lot. I don't know if the two are connected.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search