Mini-Pill - Ortho-Micronor

Forum: Birth Control

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Control LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 25th, 2006, 09:57 AM
Oriyan's Avatar Platinum Superdupermommy
Hey ladies --

3+ weeks ago, I started Ortho-Micronor (Generic: Errin) birth control which is the mini-pill (No estrogen) because I am super estrogen sensitive (God help my future husband when I am pregnant.... I need to be in a padded room for 9 months.. I really got THAT insane). I am taking birth control, for birth control -- as well as painful period control. I was diagnosed with a 3mm Ovarian Cyst on my Left Ovary, and a 4-6mm uterine polyp in March 2006.

The first 2 weeks on this have been amazing. No side effects. My boyfriend and I do not have protected sex.

All of a sudden, on week 3, my nipples are sore as can be. I pee every 2 hours. I look bloated. I gained a little weight and i am CONSTANTLY hungry. Should these side effects be happening on the mini-pill? So far i have dodged mood swings and acne and spotting. I am slightly concerned that maybe i am pregnant, but my period is still over a week away.

Has anyone exhibited some pregnancy like symptoms while on the mini-pill?

I do take mine at 10pm on the nose everyday, never late. and I am not taking any other drugs.
DS2: Lucas "Luca"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IVF #1: October 2008
July 22, 2009: Johnathan Jarrett is born! 10:41 am, 7lbs, 12oz, 21.5 inches

FET #2: March 2013 (Medicated cycle)
November 25, 2013: Lucas Ryan is born! 8:46 pm, 8lbs, 8oz, 20 inches (No epidural!)
September 25th, 2006, 10:17 AM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Hey ladies --

3+ weeks ago, I started Ortho-Micronor (Generic: Errin) birth control which is the mini-pill (No estrogen) because I am super estrogen sensitive (God help my future husband when I am pregnant.... I need to be in a padded room for 9 months.. I really got THAT insane). I am taking birth control, for birth control -- as well as painful period control. I was diagnosed with a 3mm Ovarian Cyst on my Left Ovary, and a 4-6mm uterine polyp in March 2006.

The first 2 weeks on this have been amazing. No side effects. My boyfriend and I do not have protected sex.

All of a sudden, on week 3, my nipples are sore as can be. I pee every 2 hours. I look bloated. I gained a little weight and i am CONSTANTLY hungry. Should these side effects be happening on the mini-pill? So far i have dodged mood swings and acne and spotting. I am slightly concerned that maybe i am pregnant, but my period is still over a week away.

Has anyone exhibited some pregnancy like symptoms while on the mini-pill?

I do take mine at 10pm on the nose everyday, never late. and I am not taking any other drugs.[/b]

The information that came with your prescription should mention that back-up contraception is NECESSARY during the first month on the mini-pill. If that has not been the case, pregnancy is definitely a possiblity - but I doubt the symptoms would be kicking in this soon.

Tender breasts, frequent urination, bloating, weight gain, and appetite chagnes are ALL common side effects of oral contraceptives. Please see the insert that came with your pack, it will list the ones more commonly associated with this particular formulation.
September 25th, 2006, 11:01 AM
Actually, I read my instructions a good 3 times, and it says that after the first 48 hours -- I am fully protected as that is what my GYN said as well. My boyfriend does not more then maybe once a month ejaculate inside me because I am allergic to his sperm (geeze could i have anymore issues?!) Its terribly itchy and burny and only when i am really in the mood will i let him (and i have to want to deal with itciness and burning for 45 minutes)

The reason why I am asking about this particular pill, is because the side effects i have listed are NOT listed with my birth control as a possible side effect (other then the bloating). I understand that everyone shows different side effects, but i was just curious and was hoping to set my mind at ease :-)
I am having more estrogen related side effects and that shouldnt be happening exactly.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

November 25, 2013: Lucas Ryan is born! 8:46 pm, 8lbs, 8oz, 20 inches (No epidural!)
September 25th, 2006, 11:19 AM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Actually, I read my instructions a good 3 times, and it says that after the first 48 hours -- I am fully protected as that is what my GYN said as well. My boyfriend does not more then maybe once a month ejaculate inside me because I am allergic to his sperm (geeze could i have anymore issues?!) Its terribly itchy and burny and only when i am really in the mood will i let him (and i have to want to deal with itciness and burning for 45 minutes)

The reason why I am asking about this particular pill, is because the side effects i have listed are NOT listed with my birth control as a possible side effect (other then the bloating). I understand that everyone shows different side effects, but i was just curious and was hoping to set my mind at ease :-)
I am having more estrogen related side effects and that shouldnt be happening exactly.[/b]

Oh ok, well if your particular instructions say otherwise - then I would go with that.

Is there any chance you concieved prior to starting this pack perhaps? A pregnancy test probably isn't a bad idea.
September 25th, 2006, 11:59 AM
Quote:
Oh ok, well if your particular instructions say otherwise - then I would go with that.

Is there any chance you concieved prior to starting this pack perhaps? A pregnancy test probably isn't a bad idea.[/b]
Chances would be VERY slim. I took a test on August 29th to be sure right before i went away on vacation, so i was positive i would be able to drink (I had been feeling sick to my stomach alot at that time). My boyfriend has male infertility (very low sperm count). I had a normal period on September 8th (Normal length, flow, cramps, etc) . I should have (this BC can sometimes prevent it) ovulated around the 18th. I had intercourse on the 18th as well as the 23rd. Both times, with ejaculation.

Im just more concerned about the sometimes "burning, stabbing" like sensation i have in my lower right area for the last 3 days. Its not bothersome, but i sometimes can feel it. On a scale of 1-10, its a 2 when i feel it.

I know, I know. See my GYN. Unfortunatly, they dont believe in the word "emergency" unless i am already pregnant or bleeding or am concerned that i am pregnant and want to prevent it. Neither of which, I am. I already called and was told I could be seen in October. Which I am already going in October for a hydrosonography.

I guess when I get home tonight, I'll take another PT and see what it says (Most likely, negative.) Im just hoping im not one of those people who always show negative...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

September 25th, 2006, 05:51 PM
queenofthecastle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree with the POAS. Thats the only way that you will know for sure. Other than that, wait a week and see if AF shows. If AF doesn't show then test again.

It sounds like it's related to the bcp though. Your body might just be adjusting to them and since you already are sensitive to hormone changes you might feel them more than others.

angie

=May '05 and '11

September 26th, 2006, 10:00 AM
I took a PT, Very much negative. So negative it was negative the second it showed up. But then again, it could either be 1) too early (AF is expected Oct 3rd) or 2) my body (which i am convinced) just hates me.

I dont understand why i am getting estrogen related side effects.. *sigh*

Oh and cue the acne!

*1812 oveture plays*

*sigh*

Thanks for all your help
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

September 26th, 2006, 12:10 PM
~Jess~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ick! The mini-pill is evil. Weight gain is a common side effect and I wouldn't be surprised if bloating and hunger was too. I will never take that evil pill again, but then again, I LOVE estrogen pills, so I'm the opposite of you, lol.

September 26th, 2006, 03:27 PM
Estrogen is evil for me... Yasmin, Mircette, Patch, Nuvaring, -- EVIL!!!!!

My boyfriend told me on Mircette that I was a nasty you-know-what. And on the ring i was told I was like a bipolar person. Not to mention the acne i got, and the patch -- made my breasts so large and sore I couldnt walk for 2 days.

Mini-pill doesnt like me either. My face is starting to break out real bad. I look horride. The boy told me to wait it out the 3 months this time, especially since I am not having the mood swings. Although, i am bloated like crazy... and hungry as can be. I just ate 30 minutes ago, and im hungry again.

*kicks a can*

IUD isnt for me, depo is evil.

*sigh*

I need the boy to propose so we can get married and just have a kid already so my harmones will normalize as will my painful cycles (or so i hope...)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search