Really confused

Forum: Birth Control

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Control LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 30th, 2006, 08:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My daughter is almost 3 months old. When I went for my 6 week PP visit, I didn't get any form of BC because I was just starting to try and relactate and didn't want any hormones to hinder the process. I'm further into relactating now, so I don't think a low dose of hormones would be too much of a problem (whatever most BF mom's take). The doctor suggested the mini pill, but I was reading about it and I'm just not sure it's best for us. It seems pretty risky if you don't take it at exactly the same time every day. The fact that it doesn't actually stop ovulation make sme wonder how well it works in the first place. I used to be on a double hormone pill and never had any problems with it, but I don't want to get on that because it could decrease my milk supply.

What should I do? We are planning on TTC #2 in about 8 months, so even if I go back on the pill, I will probably have to get off of it in 3 months to get my system regulated again (that's what I did for DD). I had two normal AF, then one that was 3 weeks late before finally getting a BFP, so I'm kind of nervous to mess my body up again with the pill, especially because I will probably have to get off of it just as I adjust to being on it. I am allergic to latex condoms (plus DH hates them) so they aren't an option. I am horrible about charting so I don't think NFP would work. LIke I said, we want to TTC again soon, so I don't want to bother with an IUD for such a short time. I just don't know what to do.

I think, weighing all the options, the mini pill would be best, but I wondered what kinds of expereinces you all had with the mini pill? I never forget to take the pill - but I always take it right before I go to bed, which could be anywhere from 9 or 10 pm to 2 am. I read that you have to take the mini pill at the same time, even more so than the regular pill so I am a little worried about it. I am also worried about the increased risk of ectopic pregnancies. I would rather not be on a pill and have a healthy pregnancy than have a high risk of an ectopic if I take the pill a little late.

Does anyone have any experiences with this?

October 1st, 2006, 06:36 PM
ShannonMVT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I haven't had this experience, but here are a couple thoughts.
1. Could you set some sort of alarm to go off to remind you to take your minipill at a certain time every day?
2 Could you use polyurethane or lambskin condoms rather than latex?

October 2nd, 2006, 07:41 AM
queenofthecastle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I used the mini pill for about 5 months and never got pregnant. Maybe you could sit them right next to your alarm clock and take them first thing in the morning or take them with dinner if you do that about the same time every day. It might take a few days but you will find a good time to take them and then it will be part of your daily life.

angie

=May '05 and '11

October 2nd, 2006, 08:28 AM
Oriyan's Avatar Platinum Superdupermommy
I'm 23 (Never had a child) and am on the mini-pill because i am estrogen sensitive. SO and I have been BDing with no protection or pulling out the last month, and am not pregnant. I trust it completly. I have an alarm go off everynight at 10pm to remind me to take it.

The mini-pill work by SOMETIMES supressing ovulation (sometimes not) and it increases the cervical mucus making it very difficult for sperm to make it into the cervix's as well as the minipill makes the uterous enviornment very unfavorable for implantation.
DS2: Lucas "Luca"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IVF #1: October 2008
July 22, 2009: Johnathan Jarrett is born! 10:41 am, 7lbs, 12oz, 21.5 inches

FET #2: March 2013 (Medicated cycle)
November 25, 2013: Lucas Ryan is born! 8:46 pm, 8lbs, 8oz, 20 inches (No epidural!)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search