thinking ahead

Forum: Birth Control

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Control LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 1st, 2006, 12:50 AM
Super Mommy
well, my DH and i have been talking about b/c a lot, and we are trying to decide what i should do after this baby's born. DH says he doesn't want any more kids, but i would like to try for a girl sometime in the future, and we are so young to be saying no more already. well, i have always had problems with birth control pills. my body gets used to them and they don't work effectively after about a year, so I have to change. we got preggo with my son when i changed from one to another and didn't use any other form of bc for the first few mo. After that, i tried the patch but i hated the sticky black line that i got around it. it worked, but when dh went away for tech school, i stopped putting it on (because of the line), and whoops!!!! i went to visit ONE TIME while he was there and what do you know... well, after this baby, we definately do want to wait a few years (probably til these two are in school), and then maybe try again, so i'm wondering about my options. I HATE CONDOMS!!! they give me this funky rash and i just can't stand them (sorry tmi), and the pill thing, i don't know if i want to hassle with it anymore. i was thinking about the nuva ring, but i hear you shouldn't take that while you're breast feeding, so then i thought about the shot for about two seconds, but decided no. now i'm thinking about an IUD, but i don't know a lot about them. i know they hurt when they are put in, can they sedate me?? also, i hear they last like 5 years. what if we decide we want kids earlier? can they be taken out early? can they cause infertility? i heard from a friend that they can cause a lot of cramping and stuff even after they've been in for a few years.... i just don't know a lot about them and i'm wondering if there are any other options. i'm a little weary about putting something strange into my uterus for 5 years. any suggestions?

My boys Liam Riley 3/29/05, Kale Stone 2/9/07
October 1st, 2006, 05:34 PM
ShannonMVT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry, I don't know about most of those options. I'm not too fond of BCP anymore, myself.
We are using condoms right now, which I'm not too crazy about, but oh well. Have you tried using a different material to see if that helps with the rash. You could try polyurethane or lambskin rather than the latex.

October 2nd, 2006, 06:50 AM
queenofthecastle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have an IUD. I love mine!!! I had it put in at my 6 week PP check up. I didn't have that much pain with it. I was more nervous about it hurting than anything. It sounds like it would be a good option for you. I have the copper one. It's called paragard and it's a 10 year one. You can get it taken out when ever you want and start TTC right away. I've never heard of it causing infertility. I've not had any cramping since I had it put in. My AF is a little heaver than what it was before but I was on the patch which lightened AF.

I made a sticky which has the websited for both IUD's. You might wanna check it out!!

angie

=May '05 and '11

October 2nd, 2006, 07:31 AM
Oriyan's Avatar Platinum Superdupermommy
Have you thought about the mini-pill? No estrogen, but you must take it at the same exact time everyday. There is no if you forget take it later. (Well there is, but then you have to wait 48 hours to have unprotected sex)
DS2: Lucas "Luca"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IVF #1: October 2008
July 22, 2009: Johnathan Jarrett is born! 10:41 am, 7lbs, 12oz, 21.5 inches

FET #2: March 2013 (Medicated cycle)
November 25, 2013: Lucas Ryan is born! 8:46 pm, 8lbs, 8oz, 20 inches (No epidural!)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search