Question

Forum: Birth Control

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Control LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 3rd, 2006, 08:49 PM
I have a question about birth control....I just had my first baby, I am 28 and have never been on birth control, we tried to concieve for 7 years before we had this baby. I could not get pregnant because I have diabetes, I found out a couple of months before I got pregnant.
So....My doctor recommended Mirena...do any of you use that and what do you think..are there any problems with it, and were you able to easily get pregnant after having it removed. Also, I am breastfeeding, do any of you know if it would diminish my milk supply?
Just wanted opinions from some of you ladies with personal experience with it.
Thanks!

and Kynlee (1/30/2008)
October 4th, 2006, 06:38 AM
queenofthecastle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have the copper IUD, paragard. I love mine!! I like that I dont have to do anything with it. No pills to take or patches to change, ect.

As far as I know, you can use the Mirena when your nursing. I asked my dr while I was deciding which one to go with and he told me that it didn't mess with your milk supply. I also know that you can start TTC right away, as soon as you get it taken out.

I have the link for the IUD's as well as some other birth control options posted in the helpful websites sticky. It will be able to give you more info.

Angie

=May '05 and '11

October 7th, 2006, 11:31 PM
Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to Behiye YK
I use Mirena and I love it! I had it put it 6 weeks afer my daughter was born. I chose it because it has the least side effects (cramping at the beginning and occasional spotting) and it last for 5 years, but if you choose to remove it sooner you return to been fertile immediately, there is no waiting period. I haven't had anyproblems with it, I have another post in here somewhere with a good explanation of mirena you can look at it if you want, but I definitealy recommend it, I havent had any problems so far!

October 8th, 2006, 07:01 PM
Rachael1983's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Rachael1983 Send a message via Yahoo to Rachael1983
i've had my mirena for about 6 weeks and i couldn't complain one bit! i also like the fact that there are no pills to remember, no patches to change, no worry about forgetting condoms or anything. mine was put in while i was on af. i bled a lot afterwards and that night i was down to just spotting. i spotted for about a week after, had a break for a week and spotted for a week and a half and haven't had anything since then, not even a second af after having my baby and she's three and a half months old!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search