check this out!!~~ update post 9~~

Forum: Public Safety Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Public Safety Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 22nd, 2009, 12:32 PM
mommy4micandella's Avatar Proud wife and momma!!
Send a message via AIM to mommy4micandella Send a message via Yahoo to mommy4micandella
my mother in law texted me last night and asked to borrow $1500 to get their truck out of repo!!! fifteen hundred dollars!! is she out of her flippin mind??? i promptly called jason at work and filled him in on this wonderful text. Jason has bailed them out over the years (since he first had a job) on one thing or another (i have gone and paid their cable on several occasions so it didnt get turned off befroe his dad got home from work & we have NEVER been paid back)
His little sister, Megan stayed overnight saturday night just to get out of the house, and when jason dropped her off sunday on his way to work, thats what he was told, that the truck was repoed the night before.
Now, i did a little research and from what i found the repo company has to notify you IN WRITING that they are coming for your vehicle. So apparently once again, something came in the mail and disappeared (history reating itself again) probably ended up in the burn barrell.

So, back to the story, i texted her back and said i didnt have it (and i know she was probably thinking of the money i got from my aunt)
I waited a little bit and texted his lil sis and asked her if i was being cussed for not giving over $1500.
Ok, he has a boat he could sell to get money. and they siad we would get it back on the 30th when they get their tax money. my suggestion is talk to the repo company and see if they can get it when they get their money back.

I just feel like screaming. Jason is soooooo tired of all this...every year its something, his mom leaves his (step)dad, we get caught in the middle, HELP me help me is all we get.

is it so wrong for me to feel like this?? they are grown adults, granted his mom doesnt work thanks to medical reasons, his dad works for the county, they have 2 kids at home (12 & 17) and here is am off work unexpectedly becasue i broke my ankle, we are surviving. granted i have money in the bank, but its in an account that i cant easily access, and somone thinks that i should hand over $1500 becasue they are stupid!!

Thanks for letting me vent!!!

January 22nd, 2009, 01:01 PM
mswordwiz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Usually the repo company gives you a week or 2 to get your vehicle out of hock plus storage fees of course. I am so sorry that they hit you up like this. I have family like that too thank god for caller ID.
Brandon 6
Suzanne (1-18-2009)
Kyle & Luke (1-22-2009)

"Anyone engaging in illegal financial transactions will be caught and persecuted." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Sept. 19, 2008

Another day, another 72% for the same work, different pay......
January 22nd, 2009, 01:09 PM
Send a message via AIM to mommy4micandella Send a message via Yahoo to mommy4micandella
it just cracked me up that she texted me, the more i think about it i bet my FIL didnt even know she was asking!! grrrr

January 22nd, 2009, 09:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
That's crazy. I wouldn't give them the money either. It would be one thing is something happened out of the ordinary and they are having a momentary hard time but it appears they are always having this type of problem. You're raising your own family, I'd keep the money if I were you to help you guys as needed.

January 23rd, 2009, 11:50 AM
its bad enough that Jason has bailed them out on one thing or another over the years.
My FIL works full time & MIL is on disability, so its not like they dont have the money, they are just dumb. Granted DH and i have had financial issues over the years, but everything is now fine, even with me being off right now, we are making it. Running only one car & me not being able to go anywhere is saving big money. (i cant shop!!)
I just still cant believe she had the gall to ask me, not ask her son. Thats how it works most of the time, call Missy, she'll cave.
GRRRRR......

January 24th, 2009, 07:32 AM
MomOfThree173's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to MomOfThree173 Send a message via MSN to MomOfThree173 Send a message via Yahoo to MomOfThree173
Missy it is not wrong of you to feel like you do. I agree with you a 100 %.. You are not the only one who has family like this. I also have some family that are the same way. You shouldn't have to loan them or give them anything , they should be able to take care of them selves, or sacrifice a few things for a little while to have what they need so they don't have to call and ask for money. Don't give it to them let them live the hard life and see how they can do it and maybe then they will realize to budget thir money better.

Sherry
January 24th, 2009, 09:25 AM
DH asked me about it last night too. begging from mom i'm sure. he said it was kinda his dads idea to ask me.
I'm still not giving them money, i told DH that i would pay a LARGE penalty for withdrawing the money beofre i'm supposed to. (its in a CD that matures the 30th of this month, but i'm not telling him) and anyhow they said i would have it back by then.
I'M NOT a bank, and i dont care who asks for it, not getting MY money.

Something else, if anything were to happen to his parents we would get his younger sister & brother (17 & 12) but theres nothing in writing about this, we have no clue if they have any life insurance or anything, he's tired of telling them to get their #### together with it. Idiots!!

January 27th, 2009, 04:53 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Ana*Addey*OliveMommy
That would be so annoying! I would not help them out either if they never pay back.

Do not mention on FB
January 29th, 2009, 11:12 AM
UPDATE

DH tells me today that he found out that his dad kinda lied about some of it, he told jason that they charge interest on the amount from day 1, WRONG, after 21 days they start charging extra. AND they did get something in the mail about it.
Now my thought is, IF YOU KNEW they were coming to get your vehicle, WHY didnt you do something before that??
I still dont believe that there are "2 payments unaccounted for" (so they say) i think there are 2 payments never made.

Now even more i am happy i didnt help them!!

January 29th, 2009, 05:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
To be honest I'd be surprised if it was only 2 payments behind.
I'm glad you kept your money too.

January 29th, 2009, 05:35 PM
mswordwiz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well since the 30th is tomorrow they can use their own tax refund...I am very glad that you did not help them
Brandon 6
Suzanne (1-18-2009)
Kyle & Luke (1-22-2009)

"Anyone engaging in illegal financial transactions will be caught and persecuted." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Sept. 19, 2008

Another day, another 72% for the same work, different pay......
January 30th, 2009, 05:20 PM
dont know if they got it back or not! Honestly, dont care

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search