Public NOT adequately notified of escaped inmate

Forum: Public Safety Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Public Safety Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 28th, 2009, 05:33 PM
mommy4micandella's Avatar Proud wife and momma!!
Send a message via AIM to mommy4micandella Send a message via Yahoo to mommy4micandella
http://www.herald-mail.com/?cmd=displaysto...amp;format=html

if you read the whole article, im the comment at the bottom (cowife)

and heres another story

http://www.herald-mail.com/?cmd=displaysto...amp;format=html

January 29th, 2009, 08:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Well it's good they're looking at different ways to let the public know. At the same time it's hard when the public is not watching or reading any media.

February 3rd, 2009, 06:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi there. I'm Lee Ann (ex-police dispatcher) and DH is Matt (deputy) but I have a great story to go along with your post.

Back in 2007, I worked as a city planner in Huntsville, TX. Our office was right next to they Wynn Unit prison. Two inmates planned an escape (they were on work detail)....and ran into the back of the city yard that was not fenced in. A female guard on horseback chased them into the yard....and just by chance, there was a city vehicle that had the keys left in it and they ran her over and she was killed.

The prisoners escaped and we (public works) had no idea what was going on. There were gunshots going off and everything and not until someone said a female was out in our parking lot dead did we get a clue. It was about 20-30 minutes after it occurred that we realized what was going on. City hall knew and did a lockdown and we all were walking outside, helping customers.....AND we never even noticed.

Apparently, one of the inmates was able to grab a gun from a guard and we thanked our lucky stars that someone left the keys in the truck because they could have just ran into the building and kept all of us hostage or killed us.

A city employee chased them and they were shooting at him. They didn't know the area and ended up not getting on the Interstate and ended up near a bank where they kidnapped an ex-dispatcher from huntsville and stole her car. The police surrounded the area after they fled into the woods and were caught a few hours later.

It was nerve-racking having that female guard killed in the parking lot where I have walked numerous times. And it made me real uneasy afterwards seeing all the inmates on the property next door. They are just yards from our building.

I commuted there from College Station and the city staff never locked the back door and it was scary to know that I may not know if there was an escapee and what if they got in the building....

</div>
February 4th, 2009, 03:32 PM
mommy4micandella's Avatar Proud wife and momma!!
Send a message via AIM to mommy4micandella Send a message via Yahoo to mommy4micandella
wow LeeAnn thats crazy.

February 4th, 2009, 06:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Here is the story:

http://www.click2houston.com/news/14190883/detail.html

It was different....because I had left dispatching and so I was just plain-jane civilian. And you feel so helpless.

</div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search