Small Vent(about work)

Forum: Public Safety Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Public Safety Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 9th, 2009, 07:55 AM
MomOfThree173's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to MomOfThree173 Send a message via MSN to MomOfThree173 Send a message via Yahoo to MomOfThree173
Last night I was so fit to be tied.... My boss calls me at 6 pm asking why I am not at work , but my schedule says 7pm every Sunday and it has been that way for two years , but she decieded to get someone out of over time she was going to have me start on Sundays at 6 pm and not put it on the schedule and then call me the time I was suppose to be there , I also talked to her at 4:30 pm and she didn't say anything to me about it. Then I get to work at 6:35 pm and she had me wait till she punched out at 6:45 pm to clock in. I was so ticked off. The she said she noticed on my occupation on my club pogo profile I have it as I am a direct caregiver for the MR/DD and she says I am a aide and should change it makes my profession look better. Then I asked her about my yearly reveiw that I haven't had sense I started she says she will get to it , but I won't get a raise for my awake hours because my sleep time pay was raised when minmuim wage went up, I am thinking ***.. The new people are getting hired in at $10 a hour for awake hours , and $7.30 for sleep time hours.. And I am still making $9.45& $7.30 a hour for my awake hours and I have been there two years. If I din't need this job I would so quit, lol

Sherry
February 9th, 2009, 10:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry. It sounds like you really hate your job.

February 9th, 2009, 11:10 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Ana*Addey*OliveMommy
I am sorry work is being such a pain right now.

Do not mention on FB
February 10th, 2009, 07:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
You should ask if they will pay you retroactive to reflect your evaluation being late. That is a bunch of bull.
And it is none of her business what is on your profile unless club pogo is owned by the company you work for.....

</div>
February 10th, 2009, 07:38 AM
mswordwiz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
does the state of Ohio have a wage parity law like MI does? can you check with Wage and Hour?

If your getting paid significantly less than a new hire they are breaking the law, but with each state having different wage/hour and labor law standards it may be worth checking into ....
Brandon 6
Suzanne (1-18-2009)
Kyle & Luke (1-22-2009)

"Anyone engaging in illegal financial transactions will be caught and persecuted." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Sept. 19, 2008

Another day, another 72% for the same work, different pay......
February 15th, 2009, 02:50 AM
jhappy36's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jhappy36
Are there any other similar jobs in your area?

It stinks when you don't feel great about where you work and you don't feel like they are treating you fairly. It certainly seems like the boss is a little on the sneaky side and that's not a good thing.

Good luck and KUP!

Big hugs!!

Jan

February 15th, 2009, 11:35 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Girl... I know your frustration when it comes to the pay and the new people getting more... this is a never ending battle at my work....

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search