Hi!! *update*

Forum: Public Safety Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Public Safety Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 15th, 2009, 06:11 PM
hotjai21's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to hotjai21
so the last time I talked to everyone dh had officially got the job and we were on to house hunting. We found a rent house 3bd 2ba 2car garage. Its older, early 80s, and in need of some updating! The kitchen could seriously be on an episode of "the ugliest kitchens" on hgtv LOL!! We are paying more then what its worth but the owner has a monopoly of the town and there isnt any choice. We got moved in. The house was infested with fleas... lovely! Orkin came today and sprayed after asking the landlord to do it more then once. since they were there before we moved in. Hopefully that will take care of it because we have bombed and put powder on the carpets and still have fleas... We are still unpacking. DH loves his job he is actually on his own already. His first day was the 1st and this monday they sent him out on his own, if he has any questions he just calls the cheif. The town seems to love him. The cheif has had numerous calls all in praise of DH. Well except one guy, but they said hes a regular complainer. Its a very VERY small town. I have only met a few people however. Im kind of shy and dont put myself out there to meet people. The few people I have met are very nice grandparent like couples. I love the little couple behind us. They just seem like such nice people. Just the sweet nana and pawpaw kind. DD LOVES her new house!! We have a fenced in backyard and a huge front yard with lots of trees. DD's room is HUGE its bigger then the master at our old house LOL our room is HUGE too! I LOVE IT!! The baby's room isnt quite so large however its perfect for a nursery, I still think its larger then DD's old room. I still have boxes to unpack and do something with.. Being pregnant and not supposed to over do it makes it a bit hard. I can tell when I do to much because my belly will be sore and i will have more BHs. So its getting done as it gets done. Im not in a huge hurry. Well dd is screaming, she is soo tired, she hasnt had much of a nap all day and now she refuses to go to bed... guess i better go LOL

April 16th, 2009, 09:23 AM
mommy4micandella's Avatar Proud wife and momma!!
Send a message via AIM to mommy4micandella Send a message via Yahoo to mommy4micandella
thats awesome!

April 16th, 2009, 04:16 PM
MomOfThree173's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to MomOfThree173 Send a message via MSN to MomOfThree173 Send a message via Yahoo to MomOfThree173
That is awesome even though you had to get a few little problems taken care of

Sherry
April 16th, 2009, 06:52 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Ana*Addey*OliveMommy
Hope the fleas are taking care of soon. Glad DH loves the job.

Do not mention on FB
April 16th, 2009, 08:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to sweetiez
awww!!! CONGRATS! again..thats SOOOOO exciting!!!! im glad ur DH loves his job!!!!!!!!!! How exciting!!!!!!!!!!! how do u like the dallas area? do u like the small town ur in??
April 17th, 2009, 03:31 AM
Chunky Monkey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Chunky Monkey Send a message via Yahoo to Chunky Monkey
That's so great Jessica! Well aside from the few glitches.

April 17th, 2009, 09:12 PM
hotjai21's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to hotjai21
I like it... but its like SUPER small! I have never lived somewhere this small. There is only i think 700 and some odd people! Everyone knew all about us before we even moved here LOL. Every one seems to be super nice, its a very family oriented town and I love that. I dont think its a place we could live forever though. Their school is only k-8 Im not sure if that is something I want my children to go to... Its just soo small there isnt many oppertunities. We dont plan on living here forever, just long enough for DH to get his bachelors and some time under his belt. Then he will try to get on at a larger department closer to dallas. I dont know that I want my kids going to a super large school, but something with more oppertunities. Make sense?? Its a good place for us right now though. Oh and an update on the fleas LOL I think they are gone, for now. However I am supposed to vaccum every day, no biggie except my freakin vaccum broke after like 2 seconds of vaccuming!! Perfect!! LOL I want a new one so bad but we cant afford it. Luckly it was just the belt so we can replace that.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search