Am I being stupid?

Forum: Public Safety Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Public Safety Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 15th, 2009, 10:12 PM
hotjai21's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to hotjai21
Maybe im just being hormonal and stupid. But this is bothering me. Okay so dh is supposed to get off all holidays. They get off like every holiday imaginable. Sounds great right. Well next weekend is memorial weekend and his entire family has huge plans. There is a bbq at one house a pool party and suprise birthday party at another house after that. Thats all on saturday. So we figured he had to work and we couldnt make it- but his normal days off are sun and mon so we were planning on going up sunday and spending the night. However he talks to his cheif today and ask if maybe he could get off saturday instead and work memorial day (mon). His cheif said... well I think thats the day im going to graduation so you will be on call all weekend.... Thats just lovely! this is the 1st time we have heard anything about that... So we understand that he cant switch and be off saturday now because his cheif is out of town. That doesnt bother me.... However! His normal days off are sun and mon. SO now hes on call both of those days so his cheif can go do whatever?? I can understand sun because its the weekend and hes on call every other sunday bc his cheif is off that day. But monday? Just because its a holiday I dont think that he should have to be on call- its his NORMAL day off. I hope all of this is making sense. On the weekend before mothers day dh had to be on call all sunday so that his cheif could go to some picnic thing... Okay so thats fine- but then we see him around town? What the heck is up with that?? Not only that dh is on call EVERY single night that he works..... The cheif is only on call sun and monday- except for every other weekend and dh gets sun too. So hes only on call on mondays. (all the more reason why it ticks me of that dh is on call all memorial weekend!!) Dh asked him about it the other day because they are SUPOSED to alternate and dh be on call all one week and then the cheif be on call all the next week and so on. So dh ask him about it and he said well once we get more settled in we will do that. Ummm he has been working there for over a month now. How long is "settled"? Then he said I was on call for 2yrs so its your turn... Thats some crap! Also they pretty much told him to never ask off... But the cheif, since hes the cheif, can just take off randomly and not follow a set schedule? Seriously the only time that they said dh could get off for sure is when I have the baby- and that might just be for a day or two. So hopefully they have atleast some understanding and let him off for more then just a day or two. What if im in the hosp for more then 2 days? Im okay with him being on call- but hopefully he can atleast have a few days? Is that to much to ask... Ahhh sorry just venting... But seriously I think its rediculous about the memorial day thing. I think that he should be off and not be on call. After all thats is his scheduled day off and his scheduled day to NOT be on call. Hes on call 5 days a week and 6 every other week. So yeah I dont think thats too much to ask... I think since this is the 1st time for his cheif to be cheif hes getting a big head...

May 16th, 2009, 06:12 PM
Chunky Monkey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Chunky Monkey Send a message via Yahoo to Chunky Monkey
Awww I am so sorry Jessica! I hope he gets to spend time with you and the family.

May 17th, 2009, 08:18 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Ana*Addey*OliveMommy
Aww hugs! I am sorry he is having to deal with this.

Do not mention on FB

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search