What a Week!!!!-Sorry Long Post

Forum: Public Safety Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Public Safety Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 19th, 2009, 11:49 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hey Ladies!!!!

It feels like I haven't been on here in forever!!! Well last Friday,we had some severe weather which turned into a tornado. It touched down about 15 miles from our home, we were without power for over 24 hrs. Which wouldn't have been so bad but little bit had just gotten his vaccinations earlier that day and was crabby from that. So being without any a/c and living in TN during the summer months of when it is very humid was pretty awful. So finally on Saturday evening, when I was looking through the yellow pages for hotels, the power came back on. Thankfully we didn't lose much in the fridge or freezer. Thankfully all of my bm was stored lower in the freezer and near lots of ice packs so it stayed frozen.

Then over the next few days I was a little achy and by Monday my nose was all stuffed up. I figured it was because of the bad weather we had come through from the weekend and I figured it would go away. But I woke up on Tuesday morning to find myself running a fever and having chills. My temp was running from 101 to 102. I also noticed that I was really weak and so achy it hurt for me to hold the baby. He grabbed my hair and it hurt so bad. I also had him nurse and when he tried to latch on my left side, I almost jumped out of my skin. I figured that I had mastitis again even though I hadn't really noticed a hard or red area in my breast yet. By Tuesday afternoon I had a red area about the size of a fifty cent piece (the last time I had it in March it covered a good deal of my breast and it hurt so bad) that was a little hard, I saw the doctor and she put me on an antibiotic.By Tuesday night and Wednesday morning, I was coughing so hard and having a hard time breathing. I was taking aerosol treatments and hot steamy showers. I felt just like I had around Thanksgiving of this past year when I was diagnosed with bronchitis and pneumonia. So I had to talk to a rude nurse who didn't understand why I was calling back with my new symptoms when I was on an antibiotic and I needed to give it more time to work. Thankfully a couple hours later a different nurse called me back and said the doctor wanted to give me another antibiotic to take as well just to cover anything else that was going on with me. I am just hoping that I will continue to get better, I am terrified though that I might get bells palsy again. I had it 13 yrs ago this month after being really sick. That would just be horrible to get again, I felt like such a freak when I had it.

So as for little guy and dh. Little guy is doing ok. I sure wish he would sleep longer but I think that will only change once he gets older. A couple weeks ago, he slept through the night on a weekend, one night 10 hrs and the other 11 hrs. It was like he was giving me a small taste of what it will be like when he does sleep through the night. He usually wakes up 2-3 times a night, and not always because he is hungry. If he wakes up twice in a night, one time is to be comforted and the other time is to be fed. I have tried leaving him in his crib to cry and put himself back to sleep but that just doesn't happen, he will just cry and cry to the point of making himself spit up. He can't soothe himself back to sleep, I sure wish he could. I can hardly believe that he is 4months old though. He is starting to roll over more and more in the play pen and in his crib. He loves playing in his little exerciser toy, he is getting good about making the seat move around in that.

DH has been a pain the the you know what. I am obviously exhausted from taking care of the baby all the time and getting up with him every night, hence why I am sick. DH thought I was trying to pull a fast one on him this week by saying I was sick so I could get out of doing household work. When I did ask him to do a few things all I got was eye rolling and ok I will do it eventually. He was also annoyed when the baby disturbed his nap time and acted like it was my fault. Every time I turned around he on the computer doing whatever and it just annoyed me. I was able to finally lay down for a nap which I needed or I was going to collapse. I gave him the baby and told him there was a bottle in the fridge, about 45minutes later he brings the baby in, puts him down on the bed (the baby starts crying of course), he goes to the bathroom, and then picks the baby up again and carries him out of the room. Now he sees me put the baby in the swing or bumbo long enough for me to go to the bathroom. I think he thought I would give in and take care of the baby again. I hate to complain but I am just so frustrated and don't know what else to do. It just seems he tries to act like a bachelor while being married at the same time. He is all concerned and worried about himself and such that I take back burner to things. Like always being on the computer or going out with his friends all the time or doing stuff with his car. Then he acts annoyed and or disgusted with me when I don't get much done while he is at work. I see the baby as my priority and taking care of him and I try to get things done around the house when I have the chance. I know that he has to work and I appreciate him bringing the paycheck in for us but I also need him. He says he loves me but never shows it. I try to talk to him about things and he just rolls his eyes and then tunes me out. I just don't know how much longer I can keep going on like this. I am afraid that I am going to start working and lose my mind by trying to keep up with work and take care of the baby. I officially start back to work full time on June 29th.

As if my life wasn't already stressful enough with what is going on in my life here in TN. My brother who lives in VA, has been having health issues. Last week he passed a kidney stone and has been having problems with his back. He lost his job but is starting a new one here in a week or so at the college he used to attend. He gets to talk to people and try to get them to attend college there and after 6 months he will be able to go to school for free if he wants. His fiancee went off her Lexapro (the doctor said it was ok to do so) and she completely changed overnight. She was yelling at my brother all the time, he couldn't do anything right (now I know guys aren't perfect but I have a hard time believing that he was screwing up that badly), and she wasn't sure she wanted to get married that maybe she was just in love with the idea of being engaged. I feel so bad for my brother, he had his heart ripped out and trampled on by her. They decided to take a break for a month and re-evaluate whether or not to get married. That she would get the help she needed and restart taking her medicine again.My mom is having her shoulder fixed on July 3rd, she tore her rotator cuff and can't wait any longer to get it fixed because her shoulder is starting to freeze up.

Wow!!! I am so sorry I didn't expect this to be so long. But I did have quite a bit to update ya'll on. I just want to post a couple pics of little guy to show him off.

A month ago, I visited my parents. My brother was showing my son a music video on his iPod and he is just mesmorized.

Holding his rattle nice and tight.

Standing on daddy.

Sitting in his crib looking his mommy and arching his eyebrow just like his dad.

Chilling in his exerciser, wearing his new hat which daddy thinks looks like a bonnet.

Sitting in the playpen looking very intently at the camera and me.

June 20th, 2009, 09:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to sweetiez
oh my goodness!!!!!
He is sooooooooo cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Btw im so sorry about ur brother!!!!!! HUGSSSS
"DH thought I was trying to pull a fast one on him this week by saying I was sick so I could get out of doing household work" Ugh bad DH i hate when guys act like that!
June 21st, 2009, 07:18 AM
Chunky Monkey's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Chunky Monkey Send a message via Yahoo to Chunky Monkey
I'm so sorry you are so stressed out Sarah. I hope things calm down for you soon!

R.J. is sooooo cute! He sure is getting big!

June 23rd, 2009, 10:14 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks so much!!! It took me having an emotional meltdown the other day for DH to get it. He finally understands that I am stressed out and need some help. He took our son out the day before Father's Day for some bonding time at Home Depot. I was so thankful to finally have some time to myself I almost didn't know what to do.

June 29th, 2009, 09:01 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Ana*Addey*OliveMommy
Aww Glad DH is finally understanding.

Do not mention on FB
June 29th, 2009, 01:11 PM
mommy4micandella's Avatar Proud wife and momma!!
Send a message via AIM to mommy4micandella Send a message via Yahoo to mommy4micandella
wow!!
RJ has gotten so big, he is sooooooo adorable

July 2nd, 2009, 09:43 AM
happyhme44's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Men don't realize just how hard breastfeeding is. How could they? I got it through my husbands head and he was really payed attention to just how hard that first year of a babies life is. Now he is all about giving advice to his friends about how a woman needs proper vitamins while breastfeeding etc etc. (shaklee is the only vitamin I would recommend.) He is SO funny now! My husband truly didn't realize just how much I was doing at first.

When I finished breastfeeding on her birthday I went to the doctor and I was extremely low on Vitamin D and calcium too. Even though I was drinking TONS of milk. This explained the hand and feet pain along with extreme pain in my lower back. Keep these things in mind because if you have these problems you may need a Vit D calcium supplement along with your vitamin.

I am sorry that you husband is a being a jerk but I do pray that he realizes that what you do in a day JUST breastfeeding is like running a marathon. That doesn't include housework, changing diapers, and silly things like taking a shower! lol Men truly don't get it unless they pay attention and educate themselves on it. He needs another man who knows about this stuff to smack him and wake him up!

~Thank you Claire for my beautiful siggy!~

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search