I am back. Sorry for going MIA!

Forum: Public Safety Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Public Safety Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 25th, 2010, 02:46 PM
pmdc5286's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to pmdc5286 Send a message via Yahoo to pmdc5286
I am back. Sorry for going MIA so abruptly. It has been a long week here. My daughter was very very sick. We spent 7 days in the hospital with breathing problems. She caught a respiratory virus somewhere and it caused her to go into respiratory distress. She woke up last Tuesday morning coughing and wheezing and having lots of difficulty breathing. I had to call EMS to come get her as she could not put more than two words together. As a former paramedic, my worst nightmare was coming true. We went out to our local emergency room and had breathing treatments, chest exrays and steroids, and my doctor decided that she needed transfering to a larger hospital which is about 30 minutes away by ambulance. We were placed in the pediatric step-down unit that day, but she did not initially react the way they wanted her to, so they admitted her to ICU because her oxygen saturation was too low and she was still having lots of trouble breathing and her heart was racing. My little girl was really sick. They were talking to her dad and I thinking it may have something to do with her being preemie. We did not have any answers at this point other than our little girl was having a hard time breathing. She did not have this much trouble when she was born. She is in isolation and we are the only ones allowed in there, no grand parents or siblings allowed, which did not help matters at all. They put her on Positive pressure oxygen, where they began more forcing air into her lungs, and this helped her immensly. We stayed this way for overnight and slowly they weaned her down to a face mask, then to a nasal cannula.

The next day...day 4 in hospital we were back in step down and we know we are dealing with a resp virus, not a bacteria. They only told us it is similar to RSV. She stayed on steriods the entire time she was in the hospital and and was off of oxygen on day 6. We came on Sunday. She had to go back to the Dr Wednesday and was cleared to go back to school yesterday but is still on excercise restriction...no PE or recess until follow-up in two weeks.

She has always caught colds and stuff easier than her brother because of her being preemie...she was born at 32 weeks, but she was not put on a vent...her lungs were fully developed at birth. This is the first hurdle we have faced and she will be 7 next week. I honestly thought we were ok, but the drs think this is because she was a preemie.

Thanks Missy for letting everyone know why I was gone.

Thank you JMC1988 for my siggy!

TTC #3, Our first together

February 25th, 2010, 04:41 PM
mousemomof3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to mousemomof3
Glad your lil girl is ok. I hope that she feels better soon.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search