Need some advice and was wondering if any of you could help me out

Forum: Public Safety Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Public Safety Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 4th, 2011, 04:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We live in this apartment complex area which is now filled with a bunch of kids from highschoolers to babies .

Well, rarely any parent is out watching their kids outside as its only me who is usually outside so I end up seeing the kids who are 5-12 riding their bikes in the parking lot which has been a continous rule Do Not Ride in the parking lot or you will get your bike taken away .

If the landlady is here she will go warn them saying if you are at there and I catch you the bikes are mine so after she goes in they are back in the parking lot !

Also, to top it off this other family allows there lil 2 yr old to be out there with No parental supervision due to the Mom being busy with the baby but the mom figures it is okay for her 2 yr son to be out there since she assumes her 10 yr son and her 7 yr daughter would keep an eye out on their little brother of course they don't because they go play with a bunch of other kids at our complex.

So then I end up catching this little boy running off into different areas he is not my son but I would hate for any parent to have a kid disappear on them so then just this week this little 2 yr old boy ended up in the other apartment complex that was past our gate in the parking lot and the older brother didn't even know that nor did the 2 yr old parents !

So I told his brother that I saw him over there went running over there and of course we see his little brother come out of the play area and so his older brother walks him to our apartment play area .

So what would have happened to that 2 yr old boy if I wasn't out there to notice a kid that is not even my own to go off in another apartment complex ?

Our apartment needs to have a more of a safety person to keep the 5-12 yr olds out of the parking lots of our apartment area they just ride their bikes continously in the apartment complex when the cars or trucks speed into the parking lot pass the 5 mph as in close to a 30 mph.

Along with having some way to get the 2-4 yr olds to be more safer especially when the parents are not having the ability to watch them nor are their siblings old enough to take on responsbility to watch their little brother .

June 10th, 2011, 07:41 PM
mommy4micandella's Avatar Proud wife and momma!!
Send a message via AIM to mommy4micandella Send a message via Yahoo to mommy4micandella
talk to the local police about it?

July 22nd, 2011, 09:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to sweetiez
I agree. call your local police and talk to them and tell them the things that are going on. You can also request they come and check on the area. That will scare the older kids and hopefully put what is wrong in line more so. Or thats the hope. Sadly can't tell parents how to raise their child. But out alone could lead to Child services also. Call them if you feel a child is being abanded or not taking care properly!

Hope this helps..
October 12th, 2011, 05:11 PM
Super Mommy
Our old neighborhood was a lot like that. Police dept. couldn't do much. Child services was constantly getting called. Even that didn't do much to deter these parents from letting their small children run around unsupervised.
Gavyn & Kendric - 8
Joseph - 18 months
Step-mom to:
Kiersten - 8
January 3rd, 2012, 05:17 PM
Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to *Cheyenne*
Sadly there is not much that can be done. Calling the local police department would phase the mother for about a second, but as soon as their gone, she'd be right back inside and not watching her 2 year old again. It's the "older" siblings responsibility to watch the 2 year especially when they are 10 and 7.

CPS could be called in, but they'll investigate but 9 times out of 10, unless they catch the mother doing this, nothing will be done.

I wish I could offer more help hon, but sadly this is one of those situations that could eventually turn far worse than what it ever should be. I hope for the child's sake, the mother becomes a more responsible parent.

**Thank you Tasha_Mae for my BEAUTIFUL siggy!**

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
January 4th, 2012, 04:04 PM
I don't really see what you could do. Have you tried expressing your concerns to the children's parents?
September 15th, 2012, 06:07 AM
tough one

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search