Getting back into the game

Forum: Gamers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Gamers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 26th, 2010, 06:38 AM
Turtlesong's Avatar Veteran
I've played WOW for about 2 years now and I love, love, love it. I don't raid or anything but I love leveling and have had fun with the LFG tool. I've got an 80 draenei mage, 80 NE druid, mid 40's shammy and priest, and pally, rogue, and hunter that are all mid 20's. I've got everything except for warrior. My DK just kinda sits there around mid 60's. I miss playing. I took a break in August but was planning to come back around Cata. This year I started keeping my 4 yr old neice during the day, I pick up her brother and my two kids from school and have neice and nephew till 5 when SIL gets off work. I just don't have as much time to play since I've got kids at home all day everyday. BIL is now off on Fridays now so I figured I could play while the other kids are at school then. Plus he had surgery on his foot so he's home till after New Years with their kids so I've just got my two at home. I'd hoped to get some playing done over the school break but nada. I got a game card a month ago but only played a few times and can't afford Cata till the first of the year. I have also been trying to get used to playing on my laptop and got irritated with having to redo all my addons, keybindings and my Naga mouse again. For some reason playing on the laptop is a huge difference. IDK? Anyway I ended up hardly playing with all of that because I kept putting it off or I'd get irritated with the laptop. I'm also trying to use the WASD keys which I haven't done before. I thought about starting a new toon to get accustomed to playing again and to playing on the laptop and that helped a lil bit.

How do you get back into the swing of things after a break? I really want to play and I want to be back into it so I can get Cata. It looks like so much fun.
December 26th, 2010, 11:23 AM
angelsailor288's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I guess for me its easy because my baby isnt here yet. I'm sure after he/she is born I will be on here asking the same question lol.

I hope you can find some "me" time to play. It really is a lot of fun. I'm not too thrilled with the new hunter (they got rid of mana and now its focus which is kinda annoying), which was my main character so now I have a priest, which has been tons of fun. Although healers are really unhappy with cata becuase its so hard. Anyway sorry for my ramble... all the new quests are a ton of fun (they got rid of all the old ones), the new zones are pretty neat, you should make a worgen!!

Thank you jaidynsmum for my siggy!

December 26th, 2010, 02:11 PM
SandKmommy's Avatar Seamus and Kieran's Mommy
I play at night when dh is home, generally the kids are in bed or watching their before bed show (2½ men ).
We've taken breaks over the last 3½yrs quite a few times, and we just try to pick up where we left off.

You sound like me with how many toons you have I have a 84 Troll Mage, 80 BE Pally, 47/8 Tauren Druid, 60 Undead DK, some in the 20's and teens, and a 28 Worgen Priest

I think it will be easier to get back into it with this being a new expansion (even if you don't get cata everythings different), but a warning the play style for basically every class has changed and it could take a bit to get used to on that.

December 26th, 2010, 02:56 PM
Turtlesong's Avatar Veteran
It's mostly just finding the time. I started playing back before I married my husband and was working back then. I'd play in the evenings and a lot on off days. My son was 11 at the time and he played too so we'd swap off on weekends. Since I got married I am a SAHM to my now 13 year old and my 7 year old DSD. Last year I'd play while the kids were in school. This year I'm keeping my neice during the days. It's just really hard right now to find the time to play where I actually have enough time to accomplish something. I've got little ones all day and DH doens't get home till bedtime on days when he works.

I used to use this for my "ME" time but I don't get too much of that anymore. Maybe that's just part of it. There's a lot of stuff I'd like to do with my me time and I kinda feel guilty playing WOW when there's so much more that I NEED to do. I think it's probably more that than anything else
January 1st, 2011, 02:50 AM
dee.76's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have a 85 druid as my main and another 82 druid ( bleh , who know they were going to bring in dual specs back then?...lol ) and I tend to play at night and go afk ALOT.. my dh also plays so if we want to do a run or something we sort of tag team it... I tend to play rather than watch television..

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search