Rift Anyone?

Forum: Gamers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Gamers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 3rd, 2011, 04:36 PM
sweet.hun's Avatar We're Complete <3
Is there anyone who is playing Rift??? I participated in all of the closed Beta's and it's becoming my favorite game! It's so much fun!!!

Always missing my 3 angels. 2/9/06, 3/12/11, 5/22/12
May 4th, 2011, 01:14 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
I have not played but hear great things about it and it has gotten great reviews. I just can't leave WOW. I tried AION but the time I have put into WOW keeps pulling me back LOL.

What do you think of the graphics and game play?

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

May 4th, 2011, 01:17 PM
MammaHutch
I agree with Jess. I wanted to play it but I have been with WoW since launch and I just can't see myself starting over again. I do like the character selection though. It's really cool how you REALLY customize your toon. You choose all the facial features and everything, to the eye brows to how fat you want your nose. That's a plus side on WoW.
May 4th, 2011, 10:54 PM
Nami's Avatar ♥ Mommy of three ♥
I play Rift and I LOVE it! I played since the 4th beta and haven't looked back! I really love how there's always something to do.. don't feel like questing.. go rift hunting! And I love how much you can customize your class.

May 5th, 2011, 01:20 AM
sweet.hun's Avatar We're Complete <3
I too invested a lot of time into WoW, but I had to make a change. At a certain point I just decided I had to move on. I like Rift because there is always something to do. Lots of different crafting options, the character customization is awesome, the classes are awesome as well (and you can have up to 4 different Roles, sort of like WoW but they only have 2). I have a Guardian Cleric (I level my cleric with a Justicar/Shaman/Druid build, heavy on Shaman), I have a PVE Healing Build, and a PVP healing build. The last role is a bit expensive, so I haven't filled that one yet. If I did I would probably go Cabalist with something else. I dunno.

I love that there are always events going on. I run into at least 1 zonewide event a day (if not more) along with plenty of Rifts to go attack (although sometimes you may not have someone to close the Rift with you so it's a bit harder by yourself when the elite mobs come out). PVP is pretty fun, however I think I may switch it up to Defiant because Guardian's seem to suck at PVP (at least in The Codex). I'm only lvl 32 so it won't hurt me too much to switch to the "dark" side. LOL

OH! Also, the graphics are awesome. The Rifts that open up are just beautiful (oddly enough) and when there is a tear it looks pretty cool. I also love the fact that they have puzzles for you to figure out, and if you do get them right you get some pretty nice blue items (or even purples on occasion). If you take the time to explore you can run into Ancient Cairns that will also give you some pretty nice weapons/armor.

Always missing my 3 angels. 2/9/06, 3/12/11, 5/22/12

Last edited by sweet.hun; May 5th, 2011 at 01:24 AM.
May 5th, 2011, 02:35 AM
Nami's Avatar ♥ Mommy of three ♥
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet.hun View Post
PVP is pretty fun, however I think I may switch it up to Defiant because Guardian's seem to suck at PVP (at least in The Codex). I'm only lvl 32 so it won't hurt me too much to switch to the "dark" side. LOL
It's purely server based, the last server I was on I played Defiant and the Guardians was always tearing us up. I play Guardian now on a new server and now the Defiant are at the winning hand. Plus, what group might be winning at lower lvls might not at higher lvls. Defiant may be winning at lower lvls on my server but the lvl 50 are being won by Guardians. You might want to check the forums to see where they stand. Of course I'm more of a fan of Defiant, the lore is better but the Guardians have better looking zones and duns.

May 5th, 2011, 11:05 AM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
Wow sounds interesting. I might have to look into it a bit more. I just don't know since DH and I both play WOW it would be weird to play alone

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

May 7th, 2011, 10:45 AM
MammaHutch
I am thinking about getting back on WoW. As you all know I took a break with the DH well he starts school on the 31st full time and I stay at home so I need something to do. lol I think I will just get the game cards though so if I want to stop again the payments are not automatic.

Rift does sound interesting though. I think I will have to stick with WoW though.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search