Free to Play MMOs?

Forum: Gamers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Gamers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 18th, 2011, 05:29 AM
Soleil's Avatar Happy & Blessed
Hey Everyone!

Now that my little guy is almost 5 months I think I'd like to game again as a hobby during some brief moments of down time.

I've played WoW to death, although I did not play around with Cataclysm I think I'd want to try something new.

I see a lot of f2p games like Age of Conan, LotrO and D&D Online. Not too familiar with any of them although I did give LotrO a chance back when it was not f2p and didn't like it as much.

Any recommendations? Thanks!
June 18th, 2011, 09:02 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
I don't play any that are free sorry. I play WOW mostly. Although I am looking forward to Dungeon Siege coming out this week. I don't know if that is free to play. The first one is what got DH and I playing games together. Let us know if you find a good one you like.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

June 18th, 2011, 10:16 PM
Alaska-Su's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ones I can remember are:

-Guild Wars
-Maple Story
-R.O.S.E. Online
-Seven Dragons (I think that's what it was called)

ROSE was good but the way the leveling skills went was annoying. They might have changed it since then. I think I played back in 2006.

Seven Dragons, if that's what it's called, was okay. I couldn't get into it. Neither could my boyfriend at the time so we stopped played.

Maple Story is the best totally free one I've played. I've stopped playing because when they were trying to upgrade stuff they ended up totally screwing it up for a crapload of people. We would go to the site to start the game (can no long just start it from the icon so that's another con) and it would take well over 30 minutes for anything to come up, if it came up at all. And then it would sometimes not start all the way. This thing called Hack Shield would come up and that's a sign that the game will open soon but then it wouldn't bring up the next window with the play game button. And if it did bring that window up, it wouldn't continue from there.

It was a miracle if you managed to get to play. I stopped playing in December. Hopefully they've fixed it by now.

As for Guild Wars, you can download the first part from the net and play, but the expansions you have to buy. My ex started playing this game again because he said the second part coming out soon looked really good.

I'm not sure how it is to play anymore. We stopped playing it in 2006 because they just kept messing with it and making things way too easy so there were quite a few little kids. And with the first expansion, you HAD to be in a party or else die because there was no newbie area. That really killed the game for me because it's so hard to find people who actually know what the f*** to do in a party so I prefer to just play alone rather than try and find people.

Overall, I'd say just go for Maple Story. I rather like their Elinia Knights class. They've got thief, pirate, wizard, archer, and warrior for the regular classes. The Elinia Knights are like those classes but get awesome looking skills. So it becomes stuff like darkness thief, lightning pirate, fire mage, wind archer, and light warrior.

I like my wind archer but she got stuck in a place too high level for her and it would take too long to try and kill one creature then go back into a village to recover just to level her up. The area is all snowy and slippery so the cold saps health and you'll stop pressing a move arrow but the character will slide a bit unless you have some shoes that are anti-sliding.

Thanks Tasha_Mae for my siggy!!

June 19th, 2011, 05:29 AM
mommas2favs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to mommas2favs
I'm sorry I don't play any free MMOs. Let us know what you choose! KUP!

~~my awesome siggies are made by *Kiliki~~
June 19th, 2011, 08:30 AM
Nami's Avatar ♥ Mommy of three ♥
It really depends on what type of MMO's you like, there are MANY f2p that are good.. Like Iris, Dragon Saga, Eden Eternal, and many many more. Maple Story is good if you like the grind, takes forever to level up in, same goes for Flyff, fun but just takes too much time. Atm I'm more for Eden Eternal since it's not too hard to level and has a lot of quests and is fun. If you're really into WoW then Runes of Magic or Allods Online might be for you.

You can check out mmohut for a list of f2p games with some info.

June 19th, 2011, 05:56 PM
Alaska-Su's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nami, I'd completely forgot about Flyff. Maybe Flyff is the one with the annoying skills leveling.

And Maple Story has actually changed. It does take a bit longer to level after you reach level 30 but I was able to get to 30 within days of beginning to play. Oooh lol I just remember the real name of those Knights. They're called Cygnus Knights. If you become one of them, then you tend to level faster because you start out on the sort of newb island and you're high enough level when you actually reach the main island that you can do craploads of quests. And they've made it easier to find quests. Even if you're higher than the quest level it'll still show a mark above the NPC but it'll be like grey or something.

Thanks Tasha_Mae for my siggy!!

June 20th, 2011, 07:25 PM
Kaylala's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I play runescape hahaha
June 23rd, 2011, 08:24 AM
Cibershay's Avatar Super Mommy
Forsaken World is still in Open Beta but seems to be fairly cool. It is a nice mix of questing/grinding and dungeon/instance. The party system for dungeons is set up nicely and most of them are less than 30 minutes to run which is nice if you know you only have that long for a nap!

There is both PVE/PVP depending on which you prefer and many different races/classes etc.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search