2/9 -- QotD: That's Freaky

Forum: Gamers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Gamers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 2nd, 2011, 06:10 PM
mommas2favs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to mommas2favs
Have ever played a game that made you jump, freaked you out, gave you a scare or "the willies"?

~~my awesome siggies are made by *Kiliki~~
September 3rd, 2011, 03:39 AM
Alaska-Su's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well my ex one time had me play some of Silent Hill, not sure which installment. The controls were backwards and so I was having a hard time getting around. That meant that the things got me easier. After dying horribly I put the controller down and gave up. It was too freaky to try again, lol.

And then, a funny little story.

My best friend and I were playing through Zelda: Ocarina of Time for the first time. We'd switch off some, but she played for the most part. I get frustrated with the controls too easy, lol, so I prefer to watch people play. While she played I'd be on the Game FAQs website looking at the walkthroughs when we were stuck and just couldn't figure out how to go on.

One of the times we were playing, my friend decided she didn't want to play since she'd played so much so we switched. This was around the time we were having to get into the sewer or whatever that was under Kakariko(sp?) Village. You know the one in the well that you have to play the song of storms in order to drain? We were on a mission to get the spyglass or whatever it was called.

So I'm walking along, just going, nothing was happening, when I began to notice the creepy music was getting louder and louder. Well I was so into the game by this time that my heart rate was going up with it. I was all but sticking my face to the TV during this moment.

All of the sudden the screen flashes bright green, the music crescendos, Link screams, the controller vibrates and I scream, throwing the controller down.

My friend turns from the computer to give me this look: O_o Then asks what the heck happened. Turns out I had been nearing a will head (or whatever they're called in Zelda, the flaming skulls) and that's why the music had been going crazy and it bumping into me was the reason for the vibration, Link screaming and the flash of green.

Hehe, those were good times! I was in middle school at the time and my friend and I did pretty much everything together. We had so much fun going through that game.

Thanks Tasha_Mae for my siggy!!

September 6th, 2011, 10:38 AM
Littlelamb09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Littlelamb09
resident evil 4 and left 4 dead...the freakin witch in left 4 dead scares the crap out of me

September 6th, 2011, 04:40 PM
Story's Avatar French Canadian
Yes... ¬¬
I am a huge fan of D&D style games, and I don't mnow why, but one of the FIRST monster you always encounter in these games are the _(&*?)*/&%)*/& giant spiders!!! >_<

I'm aracnophobic!!!

Mom to Maèva (11), Nadjat (9) and Klaus (5)

September 11th, 2011, 06:11 AM
mommas2favs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to mommas2favs
I gotta agree with the spiders... Even when I play wow... The spiders in caves or mines are the freaking worst...

~~my awesome siggies are made by *Kiliki~~

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search