Games with Kids

Forum: Gamers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By MellieB
  • 1 Post By Aenyx

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Gamers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 31st, 2012, 06:25 AM
Shadeauxe's Avatar It's me
Do you play games with your kids?
If so, which ones and how old are your children?

I love video games, but most of the games I love are rated M, so I can't play them while my children are awake, which doesn't leave a lot of time to play anything. So, I've started playing co-op games with my son (7). We love the LEGO games.

Recently, we bought Skylanders, which has a cool concept. You buy figurines that you use to choose which character to plan in the game. My son LOVES it.

Neither are very challenging, but it's nice being able to play games, period, and spend time with my son as well.
July 31st, 2012, 12:49 PM
First Timer!!!
i have played mario party on the game cube with kids before it was SOOOOOOOOO FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!

being that your son is seven he may like that game

i prefer the gamecube to the wii version funny enough but the wii one is still tons of fun

what am i sayin ;... ANY mario type games LOL will be awesome BUT mario party is what ive actually played with a kid

my son is 11 mnths so no games with him yet
August 1st, 2012, 12:11 PM
MountainMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MountainMomma
Minecraft is a family favorite at my house right now. My kids are 11 and 14, but my 4 year old nephew plays (not very successfully though) as well, and really enjoys it.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my new siggy!

Click on my blinkies to tour some of my favorite boards!
August 1st, 2012, 05:37 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Not yet. It is something we look forward to when they get older though. Although Jasmine already likes to help me design patterns for Sims3 and loves to watch me play Civ5. We've even taught her about some of the different leaders and nationalities because of Civ5. She's a real little historian!

Lucy likes to watch me play WoW. She loves to cheer me on. "Yay Mummy! You did it!" after each and every kill.
Shadeauxe likes this.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

August 1st, 2012, 08:15 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Alex is just turning 1 so no games yet but i'm sure we'll play together as she gets older. we gave her an old controller that she will mess with when she see's us using one.
PurpleQueen likes this.

Thanks to Bokkechick for my siggy.

August 3rd, 2012, 12:23 AM
First Timer!!!
roran likes to play with the controller we allow him

and my friends kid LOVES rock band hes nearly two .... he holds an extra guitar remote and tries to play OR he grabs the mic and sings ................. well ...... tries to LOL

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search