gamer bullies insisting u play their way!?

Forum: Gamers

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Gamers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 13th, 2012, 12:13 PM
First Timer!!!
ok this applies to many games ... online or team vrs bots ...

im most familiar with world of warcraft and league of legends so i will use those as my examples here

so im noticing these bullies or trolls id call them trying to put people between a rock and a hard place online and making games not fun .

say you in wow and you wanna do a raid or dungeon ... well you have a priest and you dont wanna heal so you go shadow priest .. you wanna kick butt and take names with some dps ... well they invite you cause your a priest then you are quicky uninvited when they find you wanna damage and not heal.

or your a discipline priest and you WANNA heal but they uninvite you cause you arent holy priest. yeah holy have fat heals but i always found discipline FUN and holy a snore ... so yeah thats annoying

NOW that im playing league of legends ... (LOL)... i try to play an ap and you are AUTOMATICALLY mid... there could be a great ranged ad that could mid or even a mele like fizz can mid .. or akali ive seen it done easily ... but some people .. if you dont take the lane they want .. pick the build or items they want OR PLAY HOW THEY WANT ... they troll you and leave the game or just be mean to you all game ...

NOT SURE WHY THEY DO THIS !!!!!!!

games are supposed to be fun ... whats the point in forcing someone to take a lane or play something they dont want to ... its not fun and therefore id gather people arent trying as hard. less chance to win.

do you face these people to often?
how do you think riot and blizzard should react and deal with these issues?
what do you do to try to change a situation when dealing with relentless trolls when you are trying to turn the game around and win!
September 13th, 2012, 05:43 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I generally only play with people I know (rodger and his friends) so I don't face these kinds of people often. I did once and that's now why I usually only play with people I know. I think some people just take games far to seriously.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

September 13th, 2012, 06:15 PM
First Timer!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MellieB View Post
I generally only play with people I know (rodger and his friends) so I don't face these kinds of people often. I did once and that's now why I usually only play with people I know. I think some people just take games far to seriously.
teheheheh oh yes this i know!! my DH can be a nerd rage foo!!! fer realz!

BUT i like that he is flexible with this subject. i just dont think those game sshowed be so restricted on how you play cause if your a good player youll use what hero you have well
September 20th, 2012, 05:00 AM
Lorena26's Avatar ♥ Gio's Mommy ♥
I have been turned of of LoL for periods of time because of this!!! Well i don't lane mid (i would totally refuse but i don't play a champion that would normally mid anyway ) but i HATE laning alone. I play with DH and we like to lane together then some idiot will go biatching that it's a problem for w/e reason blah blah blah. Then you got the people ragging on you if you make a mistake, it's a game and nobody's perfect! It's easy for me to mis-click when i get nervous in the heat of battle and i don't need someone complaining about it, chances are i'm annoyed enough at myself already!

I usually just keep my mouth shut but it definitely affects me. I just recently found out though there is some type of "council" that average players/people can go through claims, read the convo's and judge whether or not the person in question was guilty of the charge listed. I dunno how much it helps though. Sometimes you can tell it's a younger kid trying to be a tough guy behind the computer screen, but it's still annoying none-the-less

September 20th, 2012, 05:22 AM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
its been FOREVER since i played online any game....and im talking Diablo 2 long LOL....and Unreal Tournament long hahaha i did notice back then that there were some like that not many...mostly in Diablo i found a cool league with some cool people in UT to play with they were awesome and very helpful to new players...man i miss that game LOL

*Kristy wife to Karl, mom to Raianna(13) Elyse(11) and Helena(6) stepmom to Frankie(16)*
click me!---> Come Join us at Stay At Home Mommies!!! <---click me!
click me!---> Come Join us at Mommy Weightloss and Fitness!!! <---click me!
Request Siggy Here SEE GALLERY HERE Request Banner Siggy Here

September 21st, 2012, 12:57 PM
First Timer!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorena26 View Post
I have been turned of of LoL for periods of time because of this!!! Well i don't lane mid (i would totally refuse but i don't play a champion that would normally mid anyway ) but i HATE laning alone. I play with DH and we like to lane together then some idiot will go biatching that it's a problem for w/e reason blah blah blah. Then you got the people ragging on you if you make a mistake, it's a game and nobody's perfect! It's easy for me to mis-click when i get nervous in the heat of battle and i don't need someone complaining about it, chances are i'm annoyed enough at myself already!

I usually just keep my mouth shut but it definitely affects me. I just recently found out though there is some type of "council" that average players/people can go through claims, read the convo's and judge whether or not the person in question was guilty of the charge listed. I dunno how much it helps though. Sometimes you can tell it's a younger kid trying to be a tough guy behind the computer screen, but it's still annoying none-the-less
yes there is now a summoner council anyone can login to lol web page and judge ... you get the chat thru the game and also the score of the person reported and what items they had ... umm also tell you if won or lost. .. so you get lot of info read what was said and then vote ive done it a few times its fun for me to read other peoples game log

and i KNOW it works DH has been banned ... alot .. LOL he takes it to seriously fer sure

what i do is kinda just ignore best i can

there is also MUTE NOW!! you can mute a jerk and not be able to see anything they say .. though you wont see mias they call .. if they call them

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Kiliki* View Post
its been FOREVER since i played online any game....and im talking Diablo 2 long LOL....and Unreal Tournament long hahaha i did notice back then that there were some like that not many...mostly in Diablo i found a cool league with some cool people in UT to play with they were awesome and very helpful to new players...man i miss that game LOL
i used to play wow and this is what i miss .. i mean there are jerks but then you rin into great players that just wanna have fun! thats where the fun is

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search