Has anyone had this symptom w/ an ectopic???

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Ectopic Pregnancy Experiences LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 21st, 2008, 04:35 PM
jennstew07's Avatar Member
Here's a little background info: we just finished our 3rd cycle of TTC and I got my period (seemed normal) on Sunday July 13th.

Fast forward 6 days to Sat, July 19th: while babysitting at my brother's I noticed when I was changing into my bathing suit that I looked puffy & swollen in the area called the mons pubis (it's the triangle of skin, fat & tissue that is covered by the front of your underwear). I thought it was odd but decided maybe it was because I had gone out the night before with a friend (being a little down from not being preg) and had a bunch of drinks & little sleep. Maybe I was just bloated & hungover? Later that night I came home and showed my husband and the swelling was MUCH worse. There was no pain or warmth to the area and no fever, just swollen & jiggly. I put a cold compress on it, went to sleep and by the morning, the swelling was gone.

I thought the issue resolved itself but by afternoon & evening, it came back just like on Sat. and today (Monday) has been a repeat. I have very slight tenderness now when I feel the area but I think it might be because I've been pressing on it and feeling it constantly for 2 days now.

I called the nurse line for my insurance and they determined it wasn't anything of an emergency and to just schedule a routine appt with my Dr. I've taken 3 preg tests since Sat, all negative. I've thought about anything new I could have come in contact with (detergent, medicines, etc) and I can't think of a single thing!

Has anyone had this kind of weird swelling before? maybe an ectopic and the swelling is from bleeding?

Jennifer

July 25th, 2008, 07:16 PM
mrs_catty_marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry I wish I could help. But I have never heard of that symptom before. Hopefully it turns out to be nothing. Good luck!

[/url

Ectopic Pregnancy 01/30/06. One tube wonder!
August 20th, 2008, 09:58 AM
Amylizz's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I also wish I could help, but I never experienced that symptom. I pray everything is okay <3

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search