unknown ectopic pregnancy

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Ectopic Pregnancy Experiences LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 25th, 2008, 07:37 PM
Regular
Back in January, I thought I was having normal spotting (a few days every couple of days). I never have had a 'normal' period, so didn't think twice about it. I started having sharp pains, so I went to the ER thinking it was kidney stones, but no it wasn't. I was told positive pregnancy test, no sign of baby, so the spotting was a natural miscarriage. I followed up with the rude doctor the next day, still no signs of a baby, but HcG levels about the same. I left my daughter with our sitter that night (luckily) and tried to rest. I ended up going back to the hospital due to having sharp pains again, and bleeding more heavily. I called my dr office (on call nurse) and she also advised going to ER and stating possible tubal pregnancy.
My Doctor really believed it was not a tubal and wanted to send my home, but I refused. So I got prepped for surgery. It turned out I was right, Doc was wrong, and I had a cyst in my tube. My tube was about to burst, so it was also a good thing he did the surgery. I ended up losing the whole tube.
After discussing it with my husband, we decided after 4 pregnancies: one child dying at birth, then having a miscarriage (false positive test), then having our daughter (who is almost 3!) and then the tubal, we are leaving our family with just one living child.
I ended up getting an IUD after having the tubal pregnancy.
I would love to have another child, but emotionally, I don't think I could take another loss.
If you made it this far, thanks for reading!
Amy

September 28th, 2008, 02:07 PM
Veteran
September 30th, 2008, 04:44 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
I am so sorry you had to go through that.

I had an ectopic pregnancy last year & had surgery on October 21st - when I was 8w0d pregnant, I ended up losing my right fallopian tube.

May 11th, 2009, 04:02 PM
nina9809's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry for your losses. x

Thank you Kiliki... for my amazing siggie!
May 20th, 2009, 11:42 PM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Iam so sorry for your loss(s). You have trully been through way too much for any one person to handle. Im sure your decision to have the iud put in was a tough one, but probably the best thing for you at this time. I had an IUD put in after my 14wk loss and had it there for over 4yrs. I recently had it out in Jan and had another loss at 9.5wks. I have not decided to put it back in yet, I think my want/need for another baby is stronger than my fear of m/c again. So, yes I can relate to your situation. Good luck to you and I hope your future with your family is all that you want it to be.

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

May 21st, 2009, 01:41 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I am so sorry that you have been through so much. I agree with Lori, that's too much for one person to handle.

If you would like your angels (all 3) added to our memorial list, please just go to the sticky in the main forum and add your information.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search