My Ectopic Story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Ectopic Pregnancy Experiences LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 4th, 2009, 08:15 AM
I found out i was pregnant on April 21st.. on April 29th i found out it was an ectopic pregnancy, here's my story:

It was a Wednesday and i was out furniture shopping with my boyfriend for our new house. We were looking at some stuff when all of a sudden i got really hot and light headed. I then started getting cramps, which is odd for me because even with my AF i never got cramps. I just thought it was because i had been walking around for a while with no water so i got some water and felt a little bit better, but was still having bad cramps. We were at the store for another hour and then left. On the way back i was still having the cramps and decided to call a nurses hotline to find out what they would tell me to do. I told the nurse what i was feeling and she told me i should go to urgent care just to get it checked out. When we got to urgent care and told the receptionist what was wrong she looked at me like i was crazy and told me i needed to go to the ER right away! Then i started to get worried. We went to the ER and the doctor took some blood tests and i gave them a urine sample and they also did a pelvic exam. My boyfriend and i then waited in the room for an hour and a half before anyone came in again, thats when i knew there was no way this could turn out ok. A woman then came in to give me a vaginal u/s which took what seemed like forever. Soon after she left a doctor came in the room to tell me i would need to go have surgery since they could not see anything on the ultrasound they were figuring that i had an ectopic pregnancy. I went to surgery and was lucky enough to keep my fallopian tube. The doctor told me after i was awake that i had over 30 oz of excess blood where it shouldn't have been and i had slowly been bleeding internally. I stayed in the hospital overnight after my surgery and just laid low the past couple of days, i am still sore but am doing well physically, emotionally i'm still pretty hurt...

I know i can talk about it with my boyfriend and my mom but it doesn't seem like anyone else really understands how sad this is for me. I know you guys would understand it and i just wanted to tell someone who wouldn't judge me or say things like 'it was for the better anyways' or something else.. i just wanted to tell my story....
May 5th, 2009, 11:53 AM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Im so sorry for your loss, and how scary it must of been. Thank god they found it in time, and saved your tube. Your right, you will never here those words on these boards, as we all know to well how hard it is to loose a baby, no matter how far along you are. I was also about 9.5wks when we lost ours a little over a month ago. It has gotten a little easier, but everyday I wake up and still notice how Im not pregnant anymore, and it hurts. Please come here and share your thoughts with us, these ladies are great and without them, Im not sure how I would of gotten through this. Again, Im so sorry for your loss....

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

May 5th, 2009, 12:00 PM
SingingMama's Avatar So Blessed...
Aww, sweetie, I am so sorry for your loss. I cannot even imagine what that must have been like for you, and how scary it all was. You're in my T's & P's....
May 5th, 2009, 12:18 PM
lunarmagic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh man, I'm sorry!!! I just had an ectopic, as well. I lost my tube, though - it is so good they were able to save yours!

I certainly won't tell you any kind of platitudes or "it was for the best." It just plain sucks. It hurts, physically and emotionally.

PM me if you need to talk or anything. It's been 2 weeks since my surgery.

2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~
May 5th, 2009, 12:28 PM
~*Kixs*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
(((HUGS))) I am very sorry for your loss.

I lost my 4th baby (3rd m/c) in Oct 07 due to an ectopic...I lost my right tube also.

Please PM me if you need anything!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search