My ectopic loss

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Ectopic Pregnancy Experiences LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 8th, 2010, 11:29 AM
~*Kixs*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi, I am Nikki (28).
I have had 3 losses, 2 natural m/c just before 6 weeks with each, and my ectopic loss at 6w exactly.

I copied this from the pg loss exp subform as I wrote it a while ago while everything was still fresh in my mind:

I was diagoniced with my ectopic on 10/01/07 after bleeding all weekend thinking I was having another m/c. I had surgery at 6pm on 10/2/07 to remove my ectopic. I cried all day up until the doctor gave me something to help me "relax" before my surgery. I felt so horrible that I was knowingly ending my childs life. The u/s showed no heartbeat at 5w 6d and I had my surgery at 6w exactly so I was praying that my baby would not feel anything.

When I woke up from my surgery around 9pm on 10/2/07 DH told me the best news I have ever heard. The doctor stated that though he had to remove my right tube due to damage that he found no 'fetal tissue' in the sac. I was and still am so happy about that. While I still morn the baby that we could have had I feel so blessed to know that my child never even left Heaven.

I feel very confused on my feelings. I feel like a huge weight is lifted off of my shoulders. I am just so glad that God knew that something was not right that He stopped my child from forming. But at the same time I am sad. We really wanted this baby. Although this loss does not feel like the other 2 I am still greiving. And I feel like giving up my right tube for an empty sac was a great trade.

My head feels so messed up! I feel bad for being happy but I feel bad for being sad. I know I will feel normal agian eventually but I just feel so mixed up inside.

Two years later I still feel so much guilt about my ectopic loss. I still struggle with the thought that I ended my childs life so I could live. And while I logically know that the bad would not have grown and survived in my tube my heart still can't accept this.

I have good days and I have bad days. But overall I have been blessed with a sence of peace over my losses.

I am sorry for every other women who has had a loss and/or an ectopic. It is a terrible pain for any mother to have to go though.

Please PM me if you ladies need anything.

January 10th, 2010, 04:11 AM
~InHisHands~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow! Thank you for sharing your story! I couldn't even imagine & I hope I never have too! You are such a strong person, Nikki!

A&A Art ~ My TTC Blog ~ My Pics

"Never confuse acceptance with approval. Without approving
all we do, Jesus accepts all who come to Him." ~
Rick Warren

CLICK HERE to read about my mission trip to Romania! CLICK HERE to see pics!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search