Reposted in the right forum-- can you share your experience?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Ectopic Pregnancy Experiences LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 7th, 2010, 04:34 PM
MJTKNT's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi ladies,

My husband and I found out this week that we are expecting even though I had Mirena, and it was in its correct positioning. I've been going in and having my blood work done. The first draw was 450, and the draw today (46 hours after the last) was 670. Obviously it didn't double...I have to go in again Monday to have it drawn again.

I have been having a little bit of pain on my right side, but during the sonogram to check the IUD placement the tech found a fairly large cyst on my ovary. I don't know if the pain could be coming from that, or if this pregnancy is in my right tube. I *think* the right side is the 'guilty' party due to the cyst there, and the fact that I had one burst on my left side just April 1.

I haven't had any spotting, just a little cramping. Again, I don't know if it's normal cramping from having my IUD removed or if it's something more than that. I don't know my progesterone levels. All I know are those two beta levels and that they were not high enough to be able to see anything on the u/s yet.

If it's not too much to ask, could anyone who has experienced an ectopic pregnancy let me know what your levels were on your draws, and if what I have explained sounds like something you've experienced? I really need to be able to put my mind at ease one way or the other. I just can't stand not knowing what's going on inside of my own body.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this, and for giving me your input.

May 23rd, 2010, 12:30 PM
msshamis23's Avatar Don't dream it, BE IT!
Hi, sorry this is probably too late but, I'll give you my input anyway.

First off, i'm very sorry for what you are going through. I'm near the end of my ectopic pregnancy, just waiting for my levels to go back to normal. I first started bleeding around the time of my period, and just continued bleeding. Heavily. I went to the dr, and found out I was pregnant, and they drew my blood and told me to come back in two days for another draw.

Two days later (on Friday), they told me the original draw the levels were at 115, and then at the next draw they were at 129. They said that it was not a viable pregnancy and to go to an obgyn. (I originally went to the instacare, couldn't get in to see my doc) they did an ultrasound, thought they saw fetal tissue in my uterus, and decided that a D/C would be the way to go. They drew my blood before the surgery (Monday), and went on with the procedure. I got a call from the doc on Wens, saying that my levels were at 240, and that there was no fetal tissue found in my uterus from the D/C. So they started work for the ectopic, and put me on chemo to terminate the pregnancy.

On Wens they also drew my blood, and that day the levels were at 325, and I had to go in for another blood draw once a week until my levels were at zero.

I had heavy cramping, though not just on one side, all over. Really bad bleeding, fever, chills, etc. Though every persons experience can be different. But that's what my levels were doing.

Please let us know how you are doing.

Amy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search