Info on Ectopic Pregnancies

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Ectopic Pregnancy Experiences LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 13th, 2006, 05:41 PM
mrs_catty_marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I thought it would be a good idea to post about the many symptoms of an Ectopic and the ways it can be treated.

Ectopics can be very difficult to diagnose. If for any reason you think you might be having one please call your dr! An ultrasound and HCG blood tests can be used to determine whether a pregnancy is ectopic.

Some of the most common symptoms are: severe pain on one side, pain when standing up, vaginal bleeding, shoulder pain, dizziness, stomach pain. **NOT ALL WOMEN FEEL PAIN**

If you have not ruptured there is a drug called Methotrexate that can be used to terminate the pregnancy. However there is a chance that it will fail to end the pregnancy, and rupture could still occur. It's important to be monitored closely
http://www.ectopicpregnancy.com/facts.htm

Also there is surgery to remove the fetus. In some cases the doctor will be able to leave the tube intact, but majority of the time the whole tube is removed. If the tube is not removed then there is a slightly higher risk of another ectopic.

The risk for having another ectopic is about 10%

If anyone has anything to add that would be great!

[/url

Ectopic Pregnancy 01/30/06. One tube wonder!
November 14th, 2006, 03:24 PM
mrs_catty_marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
This is some more info
from http://kidshealth.org/parent/pregnancy_new...cy/ectopic.html
What About Future Pregnancies?

from http://www.babycenter.com/refcap/pregnancy...ions/229.html#5

[/url

Ectopic Pregnancy 01/30/06. One tube wonder!
December 5th, 2006, 12:36 PM
sweetbabyt's Avatar Veteran
Okay so I've had some problems. First of all I haven't had AF since Oct 21st (first day of AF) and it was "normal". I had very very light bleeding about 3 weeks after that (panty liner worked for 2 days).I took 2 hpt and one was BFN and the second was BFP (digital). I went to open door (kinda like planned parent hood) on Nov. 23rd and it came back BFN. Still no AF. Do ectopic pregnancies show up negative? I've also here in the last few days had some major lower abdominal pain, it's been off an on. IF this is ectopic do I need to head to the ER or do I need to call my dr?
Maybe I'm not pg, maybe my body is just bein werid? But you know when you have this gut feeling that you are pg it's usually right

ETA~ when I had Hailey she was a c-section, that was 6 months ago. Don't know if that matters??

December 5th, 2006, 06:17 PM
Astrid's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I wish I could answer your question! I would maybe suggest posting again in our main board. If you believe you are pregnant, then call your dr & get a 2nd opinion on the matter. I hope this isn't the case though. Losing a baby is the worst whether it was planned or not.

November 13th, 2008, 03:23 AM
Newbies
Thank you so much for posting this information. I was given two Methotrexate injections (the full dose couldn't be administered in one shot, so I got half a dose in each hip) This was information that I was NOT given by the nurse practitioner when she administered the drug. I'm going for follow up blood work on Friday and again on Monday. I will definitely be bringing some questions to my OB.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search