just had ectopic removed

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Ectopic Pregnancy Experiences LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 13th, 2006, 06:22 PM
Regular
Hi,
I'm new here, but have been reading a lot and everyone seems so nice and helpful at this site. Questions regarding miscarriage appear to be the main threads when it comes to loss, but I was wondering about ectopics. I just had one and feel so disappointed about losing this baby. It was only 9 weeks and of course I was never able to see it, but it is still terrible to have been planning and preparing, only to be told that something was wrong. Also, the surgery was very scary. Has anyone had this or know someone who has that went on to have a successful pregnancy later? My Dr. says he can't say why this happened because everything looks fine and he thinks I have a very good chance of getting pregnant in the uterus next time, but I'm terrified of a tubal happening again.
November 13th, 2006, 08:12 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry hun. I had an ectopic last Oct 05 and had surgery as well. My left tube was saved, but they never did find out why it happened. I did manage to get pg 2 more times after that and both were in my uterus. Unfortunately I m/c both (completely unrelated to the ectopic though). So it's very possible to have a successful pg and a healthy baby after. They say that you chances of having another ectopic increase, but they have to say that.

I had a SHG (sonohystogram) in September and it showed that both of my tubes are clear and my RE feels that the risk of another ectopic is low. For months I was terrified of having another one, and to be honest, that fear never really goes away. If anything, you kinda worry about every little twinge and cramp. It does get better with time, even after a clean bill of health, I still worry a bit about another one.

Feel free to send me a PM anytime.

November 14th, 2006, 02:14 PM
mrs_catty_marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
First off I am so very sorry for your loss. I had my right tube removed because of an ectopic pregnancy. My dr has no idea why is happened, it just did. My mother also had one herself. Even though the risk of you having another one is slightly increased now the chances of having a healthy normal pregnancy are even greater.

There are many success stories out there. The biggest thing is that for the first several weeks you will get u/s's to confirm that the baby is where it's supposed to be. I am a success story myself having conceived this one only a few months after my ectopic.

A wonderfull site to go to is ectopicpregnancy.com I found alot of hope and info there following my ectopic.

[/url

Ectopic Pregnancy 01/30/06. One tube wonder!
November 14th, 2006, 05:30 PM
Regular
How can I thank all of you?? I am amazed at how much better I feel after reading everything each person has written. Thank you especially for the success stories and support. I have checked out a few of the recommended sites regarding ectopics. Very helpful! JustMommies ladies are THE BEST!!! I will certainly be visiting this site often and hopefully soon doling out my own advice!
November 15th, 2006, 06:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Bean
I had my ectopic about 7 years ago and even lost one tube. I have since gone on to have a healthy pregnancy (my son is now 18mths).
Don't lose hope!

<div align="center">Suna ... Mum to
Ollie (Oliver) Bailie {March 20, 1996}
Denver Liam Howard {May 1, 2005}
Dierk Russell {August 8, 2007}
</div>
November 15th, 2006, 06:57 PM
Astrid's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I wanted to welcome you to our board & say that these girls that have experienced an ectopic are wonderful, very supportive women. I hope you stick around & get to know us all!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search