Ectopic Pregnancy

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Ectopic Pregnancy Experiences LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 7th, 2006, 10:25 AM
Regular
Hi girls my name is Jenn. I am 20 and was pregnant with my child. I went to the Doctors yesturday as a normal every other week appointment. The Doctor did my u/s and found that half the baby was in my womb and the other half still in my tube. I have been complaining of shortness of breath, lower back pain, a fever, nausua, and things like that. But I had figured it was just a sign of the pregnancy. Well, Ectopic Pregnancy is hard to detect because the same symptoms that come along with it come along with Pregnancy itself. So the Doctor told me the chances of me passing it and just miscarrying naturally are very high. So he is holding off on surgery until the end of January if I dont pass it. I am hoping my bodies natural defense mechanisms come into play here and I can miscarry naturally. I want to have a family in the future.

I will post updates as I get them. I have to continue to go to the Doctors pretty much weekly until something happens or they have to intervene. The chances of me not being able to have children is very high if I go through with the surgery. But not going through with the surgery and not miscarrying naturally could harm my life. I have never known anyone to experience this. Its painful and I cramp everyday like I am getting my period. That is the reason for some tests positive and some tests negative. The baby never made it to my womb but produced hormones for me to be able to detect the hCG hormone.

Well, thank you for allowing me to vent it feels better now! I hope I can help others with there experience

~Jenn
December 7th, 2006, 02:52 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry hun. Ectopic's are a scary thing to go through.

I'm a little shocked and taken aback that your doctor is being so ho-hum about this. An ectopic pg is a life or death situation and is the #1 cause of death in pg women. Since you are already 9 weeks, if you were to wait like he's suggesting, you could rupture and suffer severe blood loss. I would really encourage you to get a 2nd opinion on your course of action.

I've never heard of it just resolving itself and I've never heard of it being a partial ectopic. Does your doctor mean you're pg with twins and one in utero, and the other is ectopic? It's either in the tube or it's not. If it's in the tube (or anywhere other than in the uterus) it's ectopic.

Why are your chances of not having children high if you have the surgery (if you don't mind my asking)? Is it due to a pre-existing condition or related to the surgery itself. The surgery itself it safe and can preserve your fertility if it's caught in time.

I'm sorry I'm appearing so blunt, but I would hate to have anything happen because of the opinion of 1 doctor. I wish you all the best hun, and I'm truly sorry you're going through this. I hope you get another opinion though.

December 8th, 2006, 06:52 PM
mrs_catty_marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am also very concerned about how your dr is treating this. Please if you start bleeding and having sharp pains go to the ER. I almost died this year because my tube ruptured and I would hate for anyone to have to go through what I did. I am so very sorry this has happened to you.

[/url

Ectopic Pregnancy 01/30/06. One tube wonder!
December 20th, 2006, 07:58 AM
Regular
I got a second opinion and I am happy to report that its been removed. I have bled normally and been closely monitored for about 2 weeks now. I am doing fine and no pain anymore. The bleeding has for the most part stopped all together. The Doctor I went to was a Clinic and I went because my Health Insurance was whacked out. I went to my GYN and just paid for it. Well, she gave me a shot that will reduce my risk of bleeding substantially. I didnt bleed like I was told I would. But now I am a normal menstrating person again! Things are going good. I dont wish this on my worst enemy though thats for sure. Thanks!

Quote:
I'm so sorry hun. Ectopic's are a scary thing to go through.

I'm a little shocked and taken aback that your doctor is being so ho-hum about this. An ectopic pg is a life or death situation and is the #1 cause of death in pg women. Since you are already 9 weeks, if you were to wait like he's suggesting, you could rupture and suffer severe blood loss. I would really encourage you to get a 2nd opinion on your course of action.

I've never heard of it just resolving itself and I've never heard of it being a partial ectopic. Does your doctor mean you're pg with twins and one in utero, and the other is ectopic? It's either in the tube or it's not. If it's in the tube (or anywhere other than in the uterus) it's ectopic.

Why are your chances of not having children high if you have the surgery (if you don't mind my asking)? Is it due to a pre-existing condition or related to the surgery itself. The surgery itself it safe and can preserve your fertility if it's caught in time.

I'm sorry I'm appearing so blunt, but I would hate to have anything happen because of the opinion of 1 doctor. I wish you all the best hun, and I'm truly sorry you're going through this. I hope you get another opinion though.

[/b]
Thanks! I went to my OBGYN and the embrero (cant spell!) never made it to my uterus. The doctor I went to before my OBGYN told me something totally different than my OB did. She told me I am at risk but should pass on its own. Well it didnt and she removed it. I have been ok since. Like I said my bleeding has stopped for the most part, the pain is gone. I can still have children successfully and I am not at risk. The only way I could potentially not have children is if a cist I have had for years starts to affect me. But so far *knocks on wood* it hasnt at all. Thank you for all your advice. I am doing great and healthy and have had a period since and went to the doctors pretty much twice a week since it happened.
December 20th, 2006, 09:11 AM
Astrid's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad to hear that everything has worked itself out. I wouldn't wish any type of pregnancy loss on anyone but there comes a certain sting w/ an ectopic b/c normally the baby is healthy, just in the wrong place. My heart & prayers are with you!

December 20th, 2006, 03:53 PM
mrs_catty_marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am glad to hear you got a second opinion. Lots of hugs!

[/url

Ectopic Pregnancy 01/30/06. One tube wonder!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search