My ectopic pregnancy.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Ectopic Pregnancy Experiences LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 3rd, 2007, 09:14 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Momma*of*Four
Me and my fiancee have been together upcoming 3 years the end of October... When I met him I was on the depo provera shot and didnt know at the time that we wanted to have children let alone be together, so when January finally rolled along we came to the decision to move in together and for me to get off the depo shot. It took my body 7 months to get rid of the shot and finally get my menstrual cycle back. We had finally gotten pregnant at the end of december but it ended in a miscarriage at 11.5 weeks on February 28th, 4 days after my oldest sons 6th birthday.

We had waited the time needed before trying again and got pregnant in june. At exactly 6 weeks and 2 days pregnant i woke up one morning at 6am with really bad cramps so I thought it was just cause i needed to do a bm but of course doing that didnt help one bit.. this continued on for about 3 hours. At the end of those 3 hours I was still cramping alot and I thought I would try one more time to have a bm and when I was sittin on the toilet I had one huge gush of blood which then stopped. I then went upstairs where my fiancee was sleeping and told him that I started to bleed again and I needed him to get up and get the boys out of bed and watch them. I then proceeded to lie down for a little while to see if the cramps would go away, which they didnt so we finally decided to go to the hospital.

When we got to the hospital they told us that they couldnt do an ultrasound that day cuz the u/s techs were not in til the next morning so they proceeded to give me some pain meds to stop the horrible pain i was in, which worked for the rest of the night. The next morning we proceeded back to the hospital to have our u/s done, which after an hour of them looking really hard they came to the conclusion that it was indeed a ectopic pregnancy that was still growing in my left tube. I was then transfered to the bigger hospital in the city since the one we were at did not do any active treatments and I was then administered the methotrexate after they decided to rule out surgery. So that was done and we finally got home from the hospital after midnight.

The next day rolls around and I then again start getting massive cramps, they were to the point where I was doubling over in pain and I could barely walk. We let it go for a few hours until I got to the point where I was screaming in pain so we headed back over to the smaller hospital once again where I got assessed and they hospital dr. plus my OB agreed that the
methotrexate probably did not work and I would need laproscopic surgery to remove the ectopic pregnancy. We got to the other hospital VIA ambulance and was given the right pain med until I could have my surgery the next morning. Got the surgery done and everything was fine, was given strict orders not to ttc until 3 months after the surgery, and we followed the doctors orders religiously. We were really heart broken after this loss because it was the 2nd one in a 3-4 month time period, and we almost gave up on trying for a baby all together, so we put the thought in the back of our minds and just went with the flow.

Three months after the ectopic surgery we got pregnant right away and we got a u/s done at 5 weeks to make sure it did not end up ectopic again and it worked... I am now 37 weeks pregnant and expecting my lil princess any day now (I hope).

There is hope after having a ectopic pregnancy!! I hope and pray every day that noone else has to go through this type of painful loss ever because it is absolutely horrible. And those of you who have had a ectopic pregnancy that you will never have to go through it again and are able to finally find happiness in their lives like me and my fiancee have.

Thanks for letting me share my story.

July 4th, 2007, 06:05 PM
mrs_catty_marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am so sorry for your loss! Congrats on your new pregnancy! It is always great to hear success stories after an ectopic

[/url

Ectopic Pregnancy 01/30/06. One tube wonder!
August 15th, 2007, 09:52 AM
aries2276's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Your experience is so similar to mine.
A m/c first and ectopic in my left tube.Metho didn't work went for laproscopic surgery and had my left tube removed.
I'm so glad to read that you got pregnent.It gives me a lot of hope.
Thanks for sharing your experience.

TTC #1 since Feb 2006
Apr 06 - m/c. Aug 06 to Jan 06 - TTC naturally.
Feb 07 to Nov 07 - 5 unsuccessful IUI's with injectibles,1 ectopic,1 Laproscopy.Lost left tube

IVF:
Jan 08 IVF # 1 - Ovulated Early. Converted to IUI -BFN
Mar 08 IVF # 2 - BFN

New RE:
May 08 - Clomid and IUI- BFP
Thank you Jesus for this miracle.

Our Precious baby born 5 Feb 09 @ 7:52pm. 7lb 8oz, 19 1/2"

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search