Still feeling really nauseous- is this normal after surgery?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Ectopic Pregnancy Experiences LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 17th, 2007, 09:44 PM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
I had my surgery on Monday. I have been feeling really sick all day. Nauseous and like I have a fever (but I don't. I have checked my temp a bunch). I barely got out of bed today. I keep feeling like I am going to throw up. I am sick with some type of cold/virus or something so maybe that is why I am feeling like this but I really do not feel well. I need to get better. Did you feel sick after your surgery? How long did it take you to recover from it (physically I mean)?

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
November 19th, 2007, 12:22 PM
~*Kixs*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My pain meds (hydrocodine) made me feel quessy after my surgery. My doctor told me to take them with food and that seemed to do the trick. But I did not feel as bad as you discribe.

When did you say go you go back for your follow up?

November 21st, 2007, 06:57 PM
I went for a follow up today. I do not think it is the pain meds because I haven't been taking them. They are checking my cbc and hcg for me again (I asked for the hcg check).m

November 24th, 2007, 09:46 AM
mrs_catty_marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Because I lost so much blood it took close to 2 months to feel better. Even now though there are times when I have some pain on the same side as the ectopic. I also felt very sick after losing the baby. I hope you feel better soon

[/url

Ectopic Pregnancy 01/30/06. One tube wonder!
November 24th, 2007, 04:42 PM
Quote:
Because I lost so much blood it took close to 2 months to feel better. Even now though there are times when I have some pain on the same side as the ectopic. I also felt very sick after losing the baby. I hope you feel better soon[/b]
I think I lost a lot of blood too. I know they checked my hemoglobin twice to make sure I didn't need a transfusion and my blood pressure was really low. I felt terrible after my surgery. I don't think I have ever felt so bad in my life. I am finally starting to feel like myself again.

November 24th, 2007, 04:50 PM
Astrid's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad you are starting to feel a bit better Patty. I have been worried about you & how you have been feeling.

February 25th, 2009, 07:35 PM
Newbies
I had my surgery on saturday and I did feel nauseous and feverish (even though when I check its nothing). I still feel like that right now. Have you found anything to stop feeling nauseous?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search