Has losing your tube affected your fertility?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Ectopic Pregnancy Experiences LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 23rd, 2007, 08:55 PM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
Just curious about everyone's experience with this.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
November 24th, 2007, 09:36 AM
mrs_catty_marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It depends on why you lost your tube. If it was because of blockage then it wouldn't really make a difference. If it's genetic then yes it can. My dr did tell me though that in alot of cases after losing a tube that when you "o" on the side missing a tube the egg will just migrate over to the other tube. In my case I haven't noticed much difference. My 1st and 3rd where suprises. My 2nd (the ectopic) took 6 months and my recent pregnancy took 3 months.

[/url

Ectopic Pregnancy 01/30/06. One tube wonder!
May 8th, 2008, 04:04 PM
Babylove27's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My fertility has definitely been affected, but I think more by the invasiveness of the surgeries I have had, rather than the loss of my tube itself.

I had been on birth control 10+ years. when hubby and I began ttc in 2006, I was able to get preggo with our first full month or two of trying. My first ectopic, caused the loss of my right tube. But their was no pain, no rupture, the fetus still had a heartbeat and everything. The precedure was not invasive, and the were able to use the laser. When we ttc again 2007, i had been on BC gain, I got preggo again within 2 months after discontinuing the pill. I had another ectpoic, to m surprise on the right side again. how possible w/ no tube? It was a more rare type, corneal ectopic. it ruptured, and I bleed internal for some time before the excruciating pain began. I was sure it was no ectpoic because I had no tube on my right side. I waited a whole week to go to the ER, when I got the unbearable pain again. I could have died because I lost 2 liters of blood, and they had to do a very invasive emergency surgery to remove the ruptured tube and pregnancy. After waiting the 3 months to ttc, it took another It took 4months to conceive, and then I misscarried. After the miscarriage I was told we could ttc right away, and I am now preggo again after 2 months of trying.

August 21st, 2008, 06:49 PM
Enchanted Mumma's Avatar ♥KaLeNe♥
Send a message via Yahoo to Enchanted Mumma
Hi There,

I lost my right fallopian tube in 2004 (wow, 4 years ago) due to a rupture from an ectopic pregnancy...I have since gone on to have a beautiful little girl and was pregnant last month but unfortunately had a M/C, as heartbreaking as it was it was also a relief in the fact that I DID fall pregnant again and it was our 1st month of trying! Fingers crossed it will happen again soon and bub will survive.

Thank you Heather mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* for the most gorgeous siggy!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search