unsure?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Ectopic Pregnancy Experiences LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 27th, 2007, 06:00 PM
Regular
alright, i've been on the mini-pill for two years (an alternative to the normal pill containing NO estrogen) and when i was first put on it, i was told about ectopic pregnancies.
anyway, for the past week or so i have been cramping really bad. i've never been someone to get cramps, so i found this quite strange. i first started getting them on my right side, in waves. they aren't too bad, they'll be excrutiating for about 2 minutes to 5 minutes, and i'll just lie down and breathe very deeply to try and relax. they don't come too frequently, maybe twice daily? also i've started getting sharp pains in the stomach area (just below the middle of the ribs). sometimes i would be bending down and i would get sharp, excruitiating pains in my right lower side (ovaries sort of area) and they would literally knock me off my feet.

i do not have any other signs of pregnancy, but it occured to me, maybe this could be ectopic?
i am taking an at-home test today, will that give me a definite answer?

do my symptoms sound ectopic? or am i just having a freak one-off cramps. i do have my period, but it is only spotting and it is very very light. it started maybe three or four days ago.

any help would be very truly appreciated.

oh, just a side note, i have never been pregnant before.
December 27th, 2007, 08:12 PM
mrs_catty_marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It definetly sound like something is up and I recommend going to see your dr about. If the pain gets worse and or you start getting dizzy you should go to an ER.

[/url

Ectopic Pregnancy 01/30/06. One tube wonder!
December 28th, 2007, 10:13 PM
MaMaTuTu's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
grrr...

Mommy to:
O(8/9/05)
K(2/27/07)
"Beanie"(EDD 12/18/08)
Tube bean missing since 12/1/07
grrr

Mommy to:
O(8/9/05)
K(2/27/07)
"Beanie"(EDD 12/18/08)
I was on the mini pill when I had my ectopic pregnancy. It does sound very similiar to my symptoms. The pregnancy may or may not say positive. All of mine did, while a friend (who had an almost exact ectopic pregnancy)'s did not. I would definetly get in touch with your Dr.'s office. I really don't want to scare you but the pains that I had came and went just in one morning, but come to find out it was me bleeding internal. Please keep us posted, and I hope that you can get the answers you need!

p.s.
You can also read my story.

Mommy to:
O(8/9/05)
K(2/27/07)
"Beanie"(EDD 12/18/08)
Edited for multiple posts...

Mommy to:
O(8/9/05)
K(2/27/07)
"Beanie"(EDD 12/18/08)
grrr...

Mommy to:
O(8/9/05)
K(2/27/07)
"Beanie"(EDD 12/18/08)
January 12th, 2008, 11:28 PM
Regular
alright, it has been uh, 16 days or so and since then i have not experienced any other "symptoms". i have had excessive sharp pains in my back sort of side area, say, where your kidneys are located. for about two days i couldnt bend over as it hurt too much. is this normal?
i did take a pregnancy test and it was negative, but then again, that could mean nothing.

so far i still have my period as well, i have been lightly menstruating since new years.
should i visit a GP? it is hard to find one in my area that won't charge you $100 for walking in the door.

please help me, any other information would be greatly appreciated.

thank you.
January 17th, 2008, 01:58 PM
Quote:
alright, it has been uh, 16 days or so and since then i have not experienced any other "symptoms". i have had excessive sharp pains in my back sort of side area, say, where your kidneys are located. for about two days i couldnt bend over as it hurt too much. is this normal?
i did take a pregnancy test and it was negative, but then again, that could mean nothing.

so far i still have my period as well, i have been lightly menstruating since new years.
should i visit a GP? it is hard to find one in my area that won't charge you $100 for walking in the door.

please help me, any other information would be greatly appreciated.

thank you.[/b]
You have(had) been spotting for 11 days? I would definetly see someone. My friend kept getting negative pregnancy tests with her Ectopic. Your health is definetly worth the $100. Maybe you either have a kidney infection or some stones? I really hope you get in too see a doc soon(or already have).

Mommy to:
O(8/9/05)
K(2/27/07)
"Beanie"(EDD 12/18/08)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search