How much food do you usually eat for breakfast?

Forum: Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss and Fitness LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 20th, 2008, 08:32 AM
fka teresarunningmommy
Do you usually eat a light breakfast or a big breakfast? Do you usually cook breakfast or stick with more convenient foods like cereal, bagels, toast, etc?

----------------------------

Me, I have taken to cooking breakfast and having a much bigger breakfast than I used to eat and I really think it has helped me. I don't find myself going crazy at lunch wanting to pig out. I try to include a lot of protein in my breakfast now too.

Check out my running blog - Wannabe Running Mama
November 20th, 2008, 09:27 AM
TrainingWithTonya's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to TrainingWithTonya
I can't eat a big meal anymore, ever. I eat 5-6 medium size meals, at least 2-3 servings of food. If I eat more then that I feel sick.
Masters in Exercise Science Starting August 2012 at the University of South Florida

November 20th, 2008, 10:22 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to sjkduke Send a message via Yahoo to sjkduke
Sometimes I'll make an egg with a whole wheat english muffin. Sometimes a bowl of oatmeal or cereal. Sometimes just coffee.

November 20th, 2008, 06:37 PM
Cassandra T.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Cassandra T. Send a message via Yahoo to Cassandra T.
It really depends on what the day holds for me.. If I keep myself busy and out of the house I won't eat (out of sight out of mind I guess)
During the week its ususally one of the following: 1/2 bagel, coffee, cereal, banana, egg ham and cheese sandwich/bagel, scram egg with white toast. On Sunday we usually go out to eat, but even then it's usually bacon, white toast with egg or omelet with bacon and cheese.

I keep writing cheese.. I am seeing that i need to take out the cheese. LOL.

November 20th, 2008, 06:43 PM
TrainingWithTonya's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to TrainingWithTonya
Quote:
It really depends on what the day holds for me.. If I keep myself busy and out of the house I won't eat (out of sight out of mind I guess)
During the week its ususally one of the following: 1/2 bagel, coffee, cereal, banana, egg ham and cheese sandwich/bagel, scram egg with white toast. On Sunday we usually go out to eat, but even then it's usually bacon, white toast with egg or omelet with bacon and cheese.

I keep writing cheese.. I am seeing that i need to take out the cheese. LOL.[/b]
Are you saying you need to "cut the cheese"? Sorry, I couldn't resist. LOL

Actually, I'm a big cheese person, too. I use fat free grated cheddar or slices most of the time and the 2% if I can't find fat free. Also, some cheeses are naturally low fat, so switch to lower fat options if you want to keep your cheese and cut the fat.
Masters in Exercise Science Starting August 2012 at the University of South Florida

November 20th, 2008, 08:21 PM
4boys
I always have cereal these days. I used to actually cook, like waffles or eggs & toast but I just don't have the time or energy anymore. I bought bagels this week so I should remember to have one tomorrow!
November 20th, 2008, 11:20 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
either cereal or oatmeal, with a piece of fruit

Lucky mother to five!

November 21st, 2008, 06:42 AM
Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy's Avatar Super Moderator
Send a message via MSN to Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy Send a message via Yahoo to Ben,Logan&Kaitlin'sMommy
I am not a breakfast fan - but I am trying to have a piece of fruit and toast with a glass of milk every day -

My Kiddos
Chloe (14),
Benjamin (9)
Logan (6), Kaitlin (3)

εϊз Some People Dream of Angels But I Held One In My Arms εϊз
Rebecca Lee Stillborn 10-30-03
November 21st, 2008, 07:01 AM
ana410ny's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Me, I have taken to cooking breakfast and having a much bigger breakfast than I used to eat and I really think it has helped me. I don't find myself going crazy at lunch wanting to pig out. I try to include a lot of protein in my breakfast now too.[/b]

Interestingly enough Teresa, I recently read that in a study that was conducted by some health/medical guru of some sorts (cant' recall the org. or name.. sorry).... the group of people that ate a bigger breakfast (still dieting of coarse) had better weight loss than those that were eating lower calorie breakfast.... while all the groups continued to maintain the exact total calorie intake for the day.

I'll see if i can find that article on-line.. might help some of the ladies rethink about skipping breakfast

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search