Ok, maybe I am getting a little ridiculous

Forum: Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss and Fitness LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 22nd, 2008, 11:34 AM
fka teresarunningmommy
I tend to be an obsessive, perfectionist person by nature. Ask anyone that knows me well. For the most part this trait has served me well, but sometimes it is a problem for me. This is one of the reasons I got rid of my scale because I am trying to stay focused on eating healthy and exercising the right way and not focus in so much on losing weight at this point. Anyhow, dh brought home donuts for the kids and coffee. So I ask him if I can have a sip of his coffee. He proceeds to say "but it has real cream and real sugar in it". I'm like I just want a sip, would you just give me a sip already. (I've been making my own special coffees. I bought the sugar free syrup from the coffee shop at my grocery store and been steaming up skim milk at home because I really like coffee.) So he finally gives me the sip and is like "now hurry up and go log that on your computer". I could just smack him! Now, God love him we've been married a long time and always tease each other like that so I know he didn't mean anything by it. I just found it kind of funny. And for the record I did not log my sip of coffee.

Check out my running blog - Wannabe Running Mama
November 22nd, 2008, 11:44 AM
TrainingWithTonya's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to TrainingWithTonya
LOL! Don't feel alone. When I'm logging, I won't even let DH have a sip of my water because it will throw off my ounce count! He was picking on me last night that he didn't see the point in him having to get his own glass when he just wanted a sip. My response was for him to get one of my shaker cups that I make my protein shakes in and fix him some water in it. Then when he is through, I'll drink the rest, but then I'll know how many ounces he left me because it has marks on the side. I sometimes think it takes a little OCD to get the best results with exercise and good nutrition. DH's Response, he sends me this pic:

Masters in Exercise Science Starting August 2012 at the University of South Florida

November 22nd, 2008, 11:46 AM
fka teresarunningmommy
Quote:
LOL! Don't feel alone. When I'm logging, I won't even let DH have a sip of my water because it will throw off my ounce count! He was picking on me last night that he didn't see the point in him having to get his own glass when he just wanted a sip. My response was for him to get one of my shaker cups that I make my protein shakes in and fix him some water in it. Then when he is through, I'll drink the rest, but then I'll know how many ounces he left me because it has marks on the side. I sometimes think it takes a little OCD to get the best results with exercise and good nutrition. DH's Response, he sends me this pic:

[/b]
ROFLMBOTNTPMP! That was too funny!

November 22nd, 2008, 11:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
lol!
dh can do that sort of thing to me, and he bugs me too! I send my food diary to my trainer and he's like...I'm going to call Jason and see if he knows what you're REALLY eating!! I wanted to smack him for that comment! lol...

But for the record...small bites & sips etc can add up over the course of the week...so be careful! lol

November 22nd, 2008, 12:17 PM
fka teresarunningmommy
Quote:
lol!
dh can do that sort of thing to me, and he bugs me too! I send my food diary to my trainer and he's like...I'm going to call Jason and see if he knows what you're REALLY eating!! I wanted to smack him for that comment! lol...

But for the record...small bites & sips etc can add up over the course of the week...so be careful! lol [/b]
I know exactly what you mean which is why I have been trying to log everything lately. You girls are making me feel better now about logging everything. I have mostly been aiming to increase my fiber & protein which has made a huge difference on how I feel.

November 22nd, 2008, 03:24 PM
ana410ny's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
lol you girls are too much.
November 22nd, 2008, 03:54 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to sjkduke Send a message via Yahoo to sjkduke
dh certainly knows you well, teresa!

i love the sugar free creamers...they taste better than the full fat ones, imo!!!

November 22nd, 2008, 04:21 PM
Cassandra T.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Cassandra T. Send a message via Yahoo to Cassandra T.
Quote:
I sometimes think it takes a little OCD to get the best results with exercise and good nutrition. DH's Response, he sends me this pic:

[/b]
Here's a joke to add to your OCD humor!!

"I have CDO, it's like OCD but the letters are in alphabet order, like the should be."

It really sounds funny said out loud and at the right moment.
November 22nd, 2008, 04:24 PM
Quote:
Quote:
I sometimes think it takes a little OCD to get the best results with exercise and good nutrition. DH's Response, he sends me this pic:

[/b]
Here's a joke to add to your OCD humor!!

"I have CDO, it's like OCD but the letters are in alphabet order, like the should be."

It really sounds funny said out loud and at the right moment.
[/b]

Yeah, I have that on my MySpace! Love that saying!
Masters in Exercise Science Starting August 2012 at the University of South Florida

November 22nd, 2008, 04:44 PM
i'm a dork.. i dont get it..
November 22nd, 2008, 04:51 PM
OCD is Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, people who have to do things a certain way, in a certain order, or have to do something over and over and are anal retentive about it to the point of it becoming all consuming. I personally freely admit to being mildly ODC about some things, including logging my exercise and eating. I also alphabetize my videos and only have a specific type of book on each shelf of a book case. Like one shelf is photo albums, one shelf is DH's sci-fi novels, 3 shelves are my fitness books and certifications, etc. And if anyone moves them I get pissed and have to totally reorganize them.

November 23rd, 2008, 12:15 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
I thought I was bad

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
November 23rd, 2008, 12:17 PM
ahh.. now i get it.. i think
November 23rd, 2008, 01:03 PM
fka teresarunningmommy
Quote:
ahh.. now i get it.. i think [/b]
Yes, someone OCD would have to reorganize things to put them in order so therefore you'd get CDO (in alphabetical order) lol.

November 23rd, 2008, 08:07 PM
~*Dina*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
you girls are funny!!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search