Anyone tried these videos?

Forum: Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss and Fitness LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 28th, 2008, 11:27 AM
4boys
I am looking into buying 2 new workout videos with my Christmas money and these are the ones I've decided on. Has anyone ever used them? They both have good reviews and I like both Crunch and Jennifer Galardi so I'm hoping they'll be good:

Dance off the Inches: Hip Hop Party

and

Crunch: Cardio Dance Blast

Any thoughts or experience?
November 28th, 2008, 12:27 PM
fka teresarunningmommy
I have never tried those ones. I don't usually do cardio videos though because I have bad coordination problems.

Check out my running blog - Wannabe Running Mama
November 28th, 2008, 01:14 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
yea the dance one I would never buy, but thats because i have absolutely no cooridination myself but the crunch one looks pretty decent!

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
November 28th, 2008, 02:01 PM
ana410ny's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I looked at the first one on amazon.. one reviewer gave these cons on the video.. but there were more positive reviews then negatives... have to run.. dh is calling.

CONS
- Some of the instructors comments are annoying: "Show me what you got!" "Smooth like honey!" "You guys are getting hot!" "Oxygen is free, guys!" "Like you're taking off your shirt!"
- A couple of movements may be difficult for people with bad knees, particularly the butterfly. Overall, though, I think this workout should be doable for most people.
- Like some of the other reviewers said, there are a couple of moves that are difficult on carpet, including the slides. For these, I just accept the fact that I will not be able to slide as smoothly as she does since I'm on carpet.
- The step guide would have been better if it had gone a little slower and included more practice of the steps. The box boasts that the step guide is it's only ten minutes (which is wrong, it's 15.5 minutes long), but I think it would actually be better if it were longer because that would mean that she was taking the time to teach you the moves thoroughly. Think about it - she has to teach you 10 different moves. Even at 20 minutes, that would mean she was only spending 2 minutes on each move. She does a good job with the time she has, starting with the legs and then adding the arms, but for some of the moves she only puts it all together and does it at tempo once or twice, so I found myself skipping back a few times before I got them right. I would have preferred if she repeated the moves a few more times so that I would have time to mimic her and then make any adjustments necessary to get the moves down completely.

http://www.amazon.com/review/product/B000T...rBy=addFourStar

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search