~~~ Official Chat Thread ~~~

Forum: Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss and Fitness LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 2nd, 2008, 11:12 AM
fka teresarunningmommy
Okay, seeing as this is really getting to be my one and only hang out I still need somewhere to post my silly stupid stuff you know. So thought we could have a chat thread too.

Okay two funny things I have to share with somebody both about my darling Leo.

Last night we are at the girls gymnastics and he wants me to buy him a snack. I say I can't buy you a snack Leo I don't have any money with me. Leo proceeds to say "Can you buy me some money mommy?"

Okay and now the other thing was today. Leo keeps saying Maggie and Roast Beef. I kept trying to figure out what the heck he was saying and look up at the tv to see Maggie and the Ferocious Beast was on. He was a little mad at me for laughing, but it was funny. So what's going on in your life.

Check out my running blog - Wannabe Running Mama
December 2nd, 2008, 11:17 AM
Kris2you's Avatar Live-Laugh-Love
Send a message via MSN to Kris2you Send a message via Yahoo to Kris2you
LOL that is soooo funny Teresa. Joey loves Beast [he doesn't care about Maggie, it's all about Beast and piggy HEHE

I have a funny story about Joey. I forget that he is actually getting smarter haha and he can figure things out...well we have this gingerbread house on our cabinet....well I went to get something,I came back and he had pushed the chair all the way from the kitchen to the LR and was LICKING the gingerbread house haha. Silly kid.
December 2nd, 2008, 11:40 AM
RaspberryBeret's Avatar Kara mom to J & A
Send a message via Yahoo to RaspberryBeret
Hahaha those stories are great! I always forget Jordyn is getting smarter too Kris. The other day she climbed up on the couch and grabbed my phone. She then took it in the corner, unlocked it (somehow) and called my mom. When my mom picked up all she heard was Jordyn breathing and making her weird noises and so she said "HI JORDYN" and I guess Jordyn responded with a HI and hung up the phone!!! Sometimes the things she does baffles me especially since she is only 13 months!

December 2nd, 2008, 02:01 PM
fka teresarunningmommy
Quote:
LOL that is soooo funny Teresa. Joey loves Beast [he doesn't care about Maggie, it's all about Beast and piggy HEHE

I have a funny story about Joey. I forget that he is actually getting smarter haha and he can figure things out...well we have this gingerbread house on our cabinet....well I went to get something,I came back and he had pushed the chair all the way from the kitchen to the LR and was LICKING the gingerbread house haha. Silly kid.[/b]
ROFLMBO, smart kid!

Quote:
Hahaha those stories are great! I always forget Jordyn is getting smarter too Kris. The other day she climbed up on the couch and grabbed my phone. She then took it in the corner, unlocked it (somehow) and called my mom. When my mom picked up all she heard was Jordyn breathing and making her weird noises and so she said "HI JORDYN" and I guess Jordyn responded with a HI and hung up the phone!!! Sometimes the things she does baffles me especially since she is only 13 months![/b]
Lol, my sister's kids have been known to call me on her phone before or answer the phone when they are not supposed to.

------------

Grrr, venting now. My dd just NOW tells me that she has to wear a dress tonight to this thing at school. She had Irish dance to go to at 5 and then after that this thing for school so she tells me all this as she's walking out the door with her dad to dance. I get so irritated when my kids do this. I have to wash one of her dresses. She doesn't have that many that fit her because she's a big girl for her age. She's 7, but where's a size 12 dress and it's hard to find little girl dresses when she's wearing preteen sizes. Anyhow, thank God for the quick wash cycle. Hopefully we can get one clean and dry in time.

December 2nd, 2008, 02:25 PM
ana410ny's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I posted this on another thread and realized it's Chat thread worthy..

So Teresa was complementing me on my miles for day.. and here's my response.

lol.. yah.. It was completely unintentional

I can laugh about it now.. but I had a horrible horrible afternoon. Picture yourself at the check out counter with a cart full of groceries and then the cashier asks you to put your pin number and you draw a blank.. and continue to draw a blank while you trying different combo of your pin.. ultimately locking the card.. but I didnt know that once it was locked.. you couldn't even use it as a credit card.

Okay, it gets worse.

So, I knew my husband would be coming back from work soon.. so I ask the store lady if i can use a phone. I call my dh and no answer on any phone (found out later he stopped at the store to look for some christmas stuff I had asked for.. very nice of him.. but totally wrong time).. anyway... so I tell the lady.. that since i'm on foot (with both my kids in the stroller).. it will take me a little bit until i can come back to pay for the groceries. so she says fine.. she'll just put everything in the fridge for me.

So I head to go home. half way home.. i remember giving my son the keys because he was crying (tired and hungry and wondering why mommy didnt' have the roasted chicken anymore)... I didnt hear it.. and my stomach dropped.. I walk in front to see if he had and he didnt'.

Now.. not only was locked out but I had no way of calling dh... Oh.. and need I describe the weather atm... (windy, cold and raining)... I didnt care that i was getting soaked but the kids were miserable.

I finally get home.. Dh still not home.. I wait half an hour.. nothing.. then I knock on a neighbors door and ask for the phone.. I call and call still no answer.. so i ask for paper and pen so i can leave a note because now my only option was to go back and look for the lost keys.

I leave the note and head out in that horrible weather with my kids (neighbor offered to watch the kids but my daughter was freakin' out, so yeah.. couldnt' do that).

anyway.. I walk back.. ask the store lady if anyone turned in keys and of course she says.. No.. sorry. So ... here I go with my kids again.. going isle by isle looking for my freakin' keys.

No luck.. .. so I think it has to be outside .. so as i'm heading out.. the lady comes back running and says.. here here.. someone just turned it in.

I was relieved.. first good thing to happen. So.. by now I figured i'd run into dh in the parking lot... yeah.. right.. with my luck no way.

No sign of dh.. so again.. i head out with the kids... I was so pissed I almost cried.

Finally get home.. and I see dh pulling in the parking spot.. I'm like 200 ft from him.. and call out for him to help me with the kids.. he stops.. turns back... I swear he saw me.. lol.. then just continues to go upstairs...

by now i'm fuming... I get the kids out of the stroller and start carrying my son upstairs (we of coarse live on the 3rd floor) .. he had fallen asleep.. poor thing.

Anyway.. dh reads the note and meets me half way up the stairs... then went back out for the food.

Ughh.. long long long day.
December 2nd, 2008, 03:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
I still cannot believe your day ana! nuts!

Love the kids stories, so I gotta add my own, I was wearing the Collin in my snugli today and walking with Thomas around the block. I go for a job interview, my hubs is workin on the car and the kids are in the house with my parents. My Thomas is wearing my snugli with collin in it, walking in front of him! too bad the battery to the camera was charging

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
December 2nd, 2008, 03:50 PM
fka teresarunningmommy
Ana -

Oh my goodness! That is a crappy day! I was so thrilled to see the 3 miles and now I'm sitting here feeling guilty for getting so excited, lol. Hope you have a fantastic night!

Nicole -

Oh, they are so sweet in their slings and snugglies! Good luck on the job btw!

December 3rd, 2008, 09:33 AM
fka teresarunningmommy
And since I am one that talks just to hear herself talk here's my boring day. My kids have been late to school every day lately so today I bribed them with a trip to McDonald's for ice cream after school. I know bad mom, bad bribe, but anyhow I said if they could get ready and us not be late then they'd get some. So do you think it worked?........................................... .................................... Um, NO! We were still late! Tomorrow if it kills me everyone will be on time.

Oh, and on a positive note. I got this book in on diabetes and it is fantastic! I am trying to get my boys numbers under tighter control and this is by far the most useful information I have ever read. Now I am tired because when I adjust insulin I have to get up in the middle of the night to check their numbers, but I am feeling so much more hopeful than I have in a long time that I can get their numbers closer to where they should be.

So, anyone got anything interesting going on today?

December 3rd, 2008, 10:54 AM
Nothing interesting over here.

One thing though.. since i've started eating healthier.. i've noticed the kids eating healthier too. I set the same food i eat for them... so whatever protein, carb and veggie i'm having they have.

For example.. tonight I made some broiled/lightly seasoned steak, brown rice, lentils, and broccoli. I served them everything and for the most part they ate it without a fuss. My one year old is barely getting his top teeth so I still have to help him feed himself.. but even then, he ate most of it by himself.
December 3rd, 2008, 04:04 PM
Kris2you's Avatar Live-Laugh-Love
Send a message via MSN to Kris2you Send a message via Yahoo to Kris2you
Holy cow....I thought I might go insane today! Joey is definitely going through the terrible 2's!! He was soooooo bad today ugh lol. I only got 1.5 miles today and I really wanted to do more...maybe when he falls asleep.

Joe and I were talking about our ttc adeventure hehe. He decided a girl would be fun <3 awww.

Teresa - LOL I can't believe the bribe didn't work!! And yay for the new book, hopefully it helps you!

Ana - That is awesome! Joey mostly eats what we eat....but not lately, little punk!
December 20th, 2008, 01:37 AM
You know what's crazy... When I first started to walk the kids to school I used to dread it and I would sure heck feel it in my calves, thighs and hips the next day... now... I have to think about whether I drove or walked them to school because the walking doesnt' even phase me anymore. I even jogged while pushing the stroller on Wednesday and thought for sure i'd be sore the next day but nope.. I felt good.

It's crazy how just in less than a month of being active you can see such difference.
December 20th, 2008, 08:37 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to sjkduke Send a message via Yahoo to sjkduke
I really want to get out and walk, but I feel guilty taking Parker out in the cold. I keep thinking maybe I should get one of those covers for the stroller, then I wouldn't feel so bad....can't wait til spring!

I didn't go to Kickboxing last night, because P was throwing a fit and my stomach was bothering me. But I did end up doing 30 minutes of step on the Wii Fit after she went to bed, so I felt better.

DH is working a weird schedule this weekend. He went in at 8 last night, worked til 8 this morning. Then he's going back in at 2 today, until 2 tonight. Then again at 8 tomorrow morning til 8 tomorrow night. Yuck.

December 20th, 2008, 12:13 PM
fka teresarunningmommy
I do not go outside in the cold. I have cold urticaria (hives from the cold) and it makes me miserable. I will be itchy all over and burning and everything so I only go out for short bursts when it's really cold. I am so glad to have a gym to go to this year.

December 23rd, 2008, 04:56 PM
fka teresarunningmommy
I am sorry I was so quiet today. I did get all my Christmas shopping finished though and I ate well all day too. Got anything interesting going on in your life? I am tired of sneezing though. It's really getting on my nerves.

December 24th, 2008, 01:17 PM
TrainingWithTonya's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to TrainingWithTonya
Well, I'm over the flu bugs second bite, but I screwed up my knee. I slipped and fell in the yard and think I either strained or tore my patella tendon. I've got a doctors appointment next week, so we'll see what they say then. So much for my getting all my exercise videos in this year. I may just have to modify them and do them seated and only do the arm movements! Dang it, I WON'T BE DEFEATED!!! LOL
Masters in Exercise Science Starting August 2012 at the University of South Florida

December 25th, 2008, 04:00 AM
Dang.. you have guts of a champ Tonya!! Hope you feel better.
December 25th, 2008, 07:04 AM
fka teresarunningmommy
Quote:
Well, I'm over the flu bugs second bite, but I screwed up my knee. I slipped and fell in the yard and think I either strained or tore my patella tendon. I've got a doctors appointment next week, so we'll see what they say then. So much for my getting all my exercise videos in this year. I may just have to modify them and do them seated and only do the arm movements! Dang it, I WON'T BE DEFEATED!!! LOL[/b]
Lol, you are determined! Good for you Tonya!

December 26th, 2008, 07:29 PM
Proverbs31Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
sorry, I did not see this thread when posting some offtopic stuff on Jordan in a new post...will do it here next time.
Jordan - 3 yrs old
Children are an inheritance from the Lord. The fruit of the womb a reward.
December 27th, 2008, 02:19 AM
nah.. post away anywhere you want.. doesnt' have to be here. Teresa just made this post as a chat thread
December 29th, 2008, 10:36 AM
I might need a root canal

My tooth is killing me. Today while i was playing with my daughter.. I got this nasty pain in one of my molars.. it felt like someone took a rubber band and snapped it right on my nerve. I went to the dentist and they earliest they can see me to get it fixed it Jan 7, but I think I'm going to head to sick call (military clinic) as soon as dh gets home tommorow. I really dont think i can wait until my appt.. i could barely eat my food today and drinking any liquids almost brings me to tears.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search