Ana!

Forum: Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss and Fitness LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 2nd, 2008, 03:04 PM
fka teresarunningmommy
Look at you go! I saw you bumping down some miles today! Woohoo!

Check out my running blog - Wannabe Running Mama
December 2nd, 2008, 03:21 PM
ana410ny's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
lol.. yah.. It was completely unintentional

I can laugh about it now.. but I had a horrible horrible afternoon. Picture yourself at the check out counter with a cart full of groceries and then the cashier asks you to put your pin number and you draw a blank.. and continue to draw a blank while you trying different combo of your pin.. ultimately locking the card.. but I didnt know that once it was locked.. you couldn't even use it as a credit card.

Okay, it gets worse.

So, I knew my husband would be coming back from work soon.. so as the store if i can use a phone. I call my dh and no answer on any phone (found out later he stopped at the store to look for some christmas stuff I had asked for.. very nice of him.. but totally wrong time).. anyway... so I tell the lady.. that since i'm on foot (with both my kids in the stroller).. it will take me a little bit until i can come back to pay for the groceries. so she says fine.. she'll just put everything in the fridge for me.

So I head to go home. half way home.. i remember giving my son the keys because he was crying (tired and hungry and wondering why mommy didnt' have the roasted chicken anymore)... I didnt hear it.. and my stomach dropped.. I walk in front to see if he had and he didnt'.

Now.. not only was locked out but I had no way of calling dh... Oh.. and need I describe the weather atm... (windy, cold and raining)... I didnt care that i was getting soaked but the kids were miserable.

I finally get home.. Dh still not home.. I wait half an hour.. nothing.. then I knock on a neighbors door and ask for the phone.. I call and call still no answer.. so i ask for paper and pen so i can leave a note because now my only option was to go back and look for the lost keys.

I leave the note and head out in that horrible weather with my kids (neighbor offered to watch the kids but my daughter was freakin' out, so yeah.. couldnt' do that).

anyway.. I walk back.. ask the store lady if anyone turned in keys and of course she says.. No.. sorry. So ... here I go with my kids again.. going isle by isle looking for my freakin' keys.

No luck.. .. so I think it has to be outside .. so as i'm heading out.. the lady comes back running and says.. here here.. someone just turned it in.

I was relieved.. first good thing to happen. So.. by now I figured i'd run into dh in the parking lot... yeah.. right.. with my luck no way.

No sign of dh.. so again.. i head out with the kids... I was so pissed I almost cried.

Finally get home.. and I see dh pulling in the parking spot.. I'm like 200 ft from him.. and call out for him to help me with the kids.. he stops.. turns back... I swear he saw me.. lol.. then just continues to go upstairs...

by now i'm fuming... I get the kids out of the stroller and start carrying my son upstairs (we of coarse live on the 3rd floor) .. he had fallen asleep.. poor thing.

Anyway.. dh reads the note and meets me half way up the stairs... then went back out for the food.

Ughh.. long long long day.
December 2nd, 2008, 04:28 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
wow that is a long day I really hope tonight gets better!!

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
December 2nd, 2008, 09:11 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to sjkduke Send a message via Yahoo to sjkduke
WOW! You deserve a very hot bubble bath tonight, and some chocolate, not to mention a good massage from DH!

The only good thing out of all of that was that you got some good exercise in! I'm so sorry you had to do all that! Hope tomorrow's a better day!

December 3rd, 2008, 10:04 AM
fka teresarunningmommy
I replied back to you in the chat thread, but wanted to post another WTG here. I know that wasn't how you felt like getting in 3 miles, but think about it this way at least you got in the 3 miles.

Check out my running blog - Wannabe Running Mama

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search