Sorry for being MIA...

Forum: Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss and Fitness LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 5th, 2008, 07:26 PM
polarbearmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi ladies, I'm sorry I've been MIA.

I was officially diagnosed with PCOS by my OB/GYN yesterday (though she had given me the test results on Monday so I had an idea that that's what it would amount to)...that wasn't surprising, but what WAS surprising was the elevated liver enzymes that she found. She was quite concerned and has since referred me to a Reproductive Endocrinologist to sort out both issues. I don't have an appointment yet, his office should be calling me Monday to set something up.

I've been quite bummed about this since figuring out what's going on with my liver is top priority over the PCOS stuff, which means postponing TTC.

I've eaten horribly lately and haven't gone to the gym at all, but I hope to be back on track starting on Monday since I definitely need to work extra hard not to get a few pounds off, especially with the PCOS.

December 6th, 2008, 05:08 AM
ana410ny's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Definitely get back on track... especially now that you guys are trying to figure out what's going on with your liver. Try to eat as healthy as possible and keep working out. Take care and hope all turns out well.

Edit:

I didnt know what PCOS was, so i did a quick search.. and while reading some articles I thought this was interesting.. not sure the credibility of the article and what not..but it talks about weight gain and PCOS and how they relate to one another. If you know about this.. then ignore it.. lol.. I just figured i'd pass it along just in case.

http://newsblaze.com/story/20051108094746n...b/topstory.html
December 6th, 2008, 05:24 AM
peacoxx's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to peacoxx
hoipefully you'll get back on track. and i see this PCOS all the time what is it?

Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

December 6th, 2008, 07:18 AM
fka teresarunningmommy
That stinks! I am sorry to hear that. I hope you get some answers to the liver questions. Please keep us updated.

Check out my running blog - Wannabe Running Mama
December 6th, 2008, 07:22 AM
polarbearmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Definitely get back on track... especially now that you guys are trying to figure out what's going on with your liver. Try to eat as healthy as possible and keep working out. Take care and hope all turns out well.

Edit:

I didnt know what PCOS was, so i did a quick search.. and while reading some articles I thought this was interesting.. not sure the credibility of the article and what not..but it talks about weight gain and PCOS and how they relate to one another. If you know about this.. then ignore it.. lol.. I just figured i'd pass it along just in case.

http://newsblaze.com/story/20051108094746n...b/topstory.html[/b]
Thank you Ana for the article! I have read some on PCOS already, but it's always nice to know more!!

Quote:
hoipefully you'll get back on track. and i see this PCOS all the time what is it?[/b]
Thanks Pamala!

Hmm, hard to explain in a nutshell what PCOS is, but it stands for Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. It affects hormonal balance in the body and is an endocrine disorder that is quite a common cause of female infertility. There are tons of symptoms to this, but most people don't exhibit all of them. It's tricky to diagnose as well...the article that Ana linked gives a pretty good overview of it if you're interested in more info!!

My diagnosis is based on labwork and an ultrasound of my ovaries.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search