Ok, Guess this is it

Forum: Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss and Fitness LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 6th, 2008, 03:27 PM
Proverbs31Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am at that point of "Hi my name is Kel and I am overweight"

I weighed my self using our new Weightwatchers scale and it said 350.9 lbs! DH, stepped on it - and it said 113lbs for him. He is not 113 for sure and I am not 350 for sure.
While the new scale from walmart is broken, I used th eone at my work fitness center and for sure I have gained 100 lbs in about 4 years!

When I got my first baby DD,Precious - I weighed 96lbs. I was prescribed for a diet to help me gain to at least 125lbs - 130lbs (I am 5'6") I gave up on the diet within ten months but I think I had reached and passed the target. Next time I weighed myself, I was pregnant with Trinity, and was over 160lbs!

That came and went and the day I delivered Jordan, I was 199 lbs, though the day or two days before, I was 201lbs!!

After Jordan - I was 176lbs; then 188lbs! then 198lbs!

I signed up for holiday weight challenge at work two weeks ago, and first week I lost a lb, and second week another lb. Not by anything serious, but working on increasing my metabolism.

I met with company nutritionist and it had never occured to me that the fact that I never get hungry is a problem. She instructed me to consciously eat at least 6 healthy things a day, and increase on proteins and reduce some carbs that were in my diet. This is supposed to help increase my metabolism. In the current state, my body takes and stores everything that I eat as fat to protect itself because the body is not sure when it will get more food next...as the nutritionist said. I suggested total body cleanse herbs (to get her opinion) but she confirmed that it is not good for lactating moms.

It works well when am at work; but when home everything is all messy, no schedule at all and nothing together.

When everyone took a nap today I was on the couch as usual with my cup of tea and GOYA Marie Cookie crackers dipping in tea and really enjoying them and realized that these might be my UNDOING! I then realized that those days before kids, I used to do TaeBo, bicycle, run etc and was very active in sports etc - and no wonder I was skinnier.
I also remembered that when I was stressed, I sat on the excercise bicycle till I felt better. These days (and they have been very stress filled days in the last one and a half years); I take the remote, computer or sleep when stressed!

Too many stories, the point is: I AM 66 pounds overweight!! I need to loose at least a pound per week for the next 66 weeks or even better loose 71 (5 lbs as bad debt cushion)

So here I am - for the first time admitting that I am actually obese; and need to loose weight (despite the excuse that I just had a baby and I am breast feeding; the baby is 4 months old for crying out loud!!)

LADIES AND LADIES: Where should I start?
Current: 196 lbs
Goal: 125 lbs
Excess: 71 lbs (Precious and Trinity weights added together!!)
Jordan - 3 yrs old
Children are an inheritance from the Lord. The fruit of the womb a reward.
December 6th, 2008, 05:47 PM
fka teresarunningmommy
Hmm, I think I'd start with the exercise first and work in small diet changes a little at a time. You can start out with something like exercising for 20 minutes 3 times a week. Drinking water for most of your drinks and increasing your protein some. Once you can do those for a couple weeks you can increase your exercise goals and make more changes with your diet. Your more likely to succeed if you don't try to change too much at one time. Welcome to the board!

Check out my running blog - Wannabe Running Mama
December 6th, 2008, 07:18 PM
peacoxx's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to peacoxx
wow, it's crazy how u went from under weight to over weight, i can't imagine what that does to u when u think about it. It's okay though, have your little boogers and now it's time to start doing what u used to. Of course we never can find the time to do all the activities we once did, I used to walk to the gym, work out, play sports etc.... (by the way, u tell a story pretty well). I know that what helps me, is not buying the items that will tempt me. Out of sight, pretty much means, out of mind. Then i started going to the gym. Now i have had some flubs here and there, but for the most part, I am so determined to prove myself wrong...I actually told myself that this is the new me and that I am never going to be a size 10 again (my personal ideal size). All I know is that even though I am still a 14/16 I feeeeeeeeel sooo much better than I did the last time I was a size 10 and so with that said once you start feeling good from eating better and getting fit, you will start seeing the lbs shed and that will definitely be your motivation.

Good luck hon'

Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

December 6th, 2008, 07:45 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to sjkduke Send a message via Yahoo to sjkduke
I think that's my biggest thing, too, make sure you start off small and try not to be too hard on yourself! You can do it!

December 6th, 2008, 11:48 PM
ana410ny's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was using that excuse too.. the... " I just had a baby.. I'll get around to losing the weight".. then it was... " I'm breastfeeding.. that's why i have to keep up with my calories... then it was " I just had two babies.. that's why i'm fat".. then again.. " i'm breastfeeding.. cant' start any serious diet".. but my youngest is 17months and I could no long fool myself.. I needed to lose weight.. and lose it for good.. so that's why i started about 2wks ago... soooo.. Welcome aboard. No more excuses. right?

With me.. going cold turkey is the way to go (no more junk, no more juice, no more candy).. I cant' just half commit (like only eating exercising or just only eating right).. if i want to make changes I make them drastic .. but that's me.. we all have our methods.

Anyway.. my best advice is start a food journal.. it helps you stay on track.. go into our subforums and make a Weightloss journal. Write anything you want.. your weight. the foods you eat.. how you feel.. It just helps with keeping yourself accountable.

Good luck.. you can do it and we are here to cheer ya on
December 7th, 2008, 03:55 AM
TrainingWithTonya's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to TrainingWithTonya
Welcome to the board! You've already got a lot of great information from the other ladies so I won't try to overwhelm you with more. I just wanted to say Hi, I'm Tonya. I'm a certified personal trainer and sports nutritionist who has a similar weight story to yours. I was 103 before having my kidos and I'm also 5'6" (although I was 5'3" back then). I ballooned up due to hormones (egg donation caused female problems, actually not kid related) and more then doubled in size. It took a lot to get back in the shape I wanted, but I was never as skinny as I was back then. Actually, if I had wanted to, I could have been that small again, but I discovered bodybuilding and fell in love with heavy weights. Now I'm starting to get premenapausal so my hormones are in flux again and causing problems, but I'll lose this too, I just have to bump it up a notch with my exercise and healthy eating. I'm sure you can get through it and feel happier with your body, but I won't lie to you. IT TAKES HARD WORK!!! LOL We're all here to support you though, so please feel free to use us as a sounding board when you get discouraged, have questions, need motivation, are craving a cookie so bad you can taste it, etc.
Masters in Exercise Science Starting August 2012 at the University of South Florida

December 8th, 2008, 11:37 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Welcome!! My name is Kelly and I'm breastfeeding, too!

[IMG]h ttp://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc187/kellybabe05/natural2.gif[/IMG]
December 8th, 2008, 12:30 PM
Mellza's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
ello! I am Melly... I've never been skinny... but I've lost 25 lbs and now at 205.
December 11th, 2008, 11:08 AM
Proverbs31Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks ladies... I weigh myself on Tuesdays, this Tuesday I went and there were a lot of people in the gym and did not realize that there was a hidden sclale in ladies locker room

I therefore weighed myself yesterday and I had lost 2 in one week! I need a way to track this...I am stealing your fitnesspal thingie ladies!
Jordan - 3 yrs old
Children are an inheritance from the Lord. The fruit of the womb a reward.
December 11th, 2008, 11:11 AM
double post **
December 11th, 2008, 11:11 AM
Use whatever means necessary to keep track of your progress because that's what's going to help you from falling off the wagon.

oh.. and gratz on your 2lb loss !!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search