Do you ever feel?

Forum: Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss and Fitness LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 6th, 2008, 08:14 PM
RaspberryBeret's Avatar Kara mom to J & A
Send a message via Yahoo to RaspberryBeret
Do you ever feel hungry all the time? I've been having one of those days where my stomach doesn't feel full at all and if I ignore it, it starts to even hurt! I've eaten well today and even gave myself a little treat of half a cookie but I feel so hungry! I just ate some hummus and pita for a healthy late night snack but it hasn't done anything. I'm gonna go drink some water and wait for it to digest. Does anyone else ever feel this way? I'm not even craving anything bad I'm just hungry haha!

December 6th, 2008, 08:22 PM
fka teresarunningmommy
If you are feeling hungry I tend to think you are either not eating enough calories or you are not eating the best food choices to keep you feeling full. I honestly eat any time I feel hungry. Are you eating lots of fruits & vegetables? I have been trying to eat 3 to 4 servings of veggies a day and 2 fruits. Ever since I read the article I posted about half your plate should be fruits or vegetables I have made an even bigger effort to get half my plate to be vegetables. I looked at your food journal from yesterday to get an idea of what you are eating.

Quote:
Breakfast-- Kashi Good Friends, 1/2% milk on top
Lunch-- Chicken Salad with Greek dressing, Pita Bread
Snack--Hummus
Dinner--Honey nut cherrios, 1/2% milk on top

Water--64oz

Exercise-- Walked 3 miles, jogged on and off[/b]
Of course you are hungry if that's all you are eating. That is not enough calories, nor enough protein or vegetables or fruits. You need to eat more than that a day or you are going to be starving and it will slow down your metabolism and not help you lose weight. Sorry if that sounds lecturey. That's not really my intent, but really you need to eat more than that.

Check out my running blog - Wannabe Running Mama
December 6th, 2008, 11:37 PM
ana410ny's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
yah, i agree with Teresa.

I've noticed that on the days that i'm eating really healthy (little to no fat or sugar) I tend to be extra hungry the next day.. and then I would go back to check the calories I ate the day before and it's way too low.

December 7th, 2008, 03:44 AM
TrainingWithTonya's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to TrainingWithTonya
I agree, you aren't eating enough. Here is a link for a website that has some great info on calorie needs and some myths of exercise. http://health.caloriescount.com/isroot/cal...es/faqs.html#12 It is a site that is trying to sell its diet program, but there aren't many out there that aren't. It has some really great information on calorie needs though, so maybe it will help you to set some realistic eating goals.
Masters in Exercise Science Starting August 2012 at the University of South Florida

December 7th, 2008, 07:43 PM
peacoxx's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to peacoxx
I think that it could be that you may eat often, but aren't consuming enough substance and/or calories and because you eat often but lightly it seems as if you're eating a lot. I hope that is making sense. I have had days liek that where i'll think i've been pigging out cause i've had a lot to eat, but when i reflect on what was really on the menu, i had a lot of light items like salad, yogart, cereal, cheese sticks, apples and bananas etc... I do know that going on dailyplate.com or something like it, really helped me to figure out what was too little and what was too much. I used it till i got the hang of it.

Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

December 8th, 2008, 01:34 PM
RaspberryBeret's Avatar Kara mom to J & A
Send a message via Yahoo to RaspberryBeret
Thanks ladies! I've increased my calories and usually I do eat anywhere between 1200-1800 that was just an off day for me when nothing seemed good. The only thing that is really hard for me is to eat frequently but I'm trying to snack here and there so I don't feel yucky. Thanks again

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search