Shopping Lists

Forum: Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss and Fitness LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 10th, 2008, 10:00 AM
RaspberryBeret's Avatar Kara mom to J & A
Send a message via Yahoo to RaspberryBeret
I have such a hard time when I go out to the grocery store. I went yesterday and got essentials that I wanted like apples, bananas, hummus, cheese, frozen veggies for dinners, whole grain bread, cereal and milk. I feel like I could live off most of that stuff along with meat for awhile but it would be repeating a lot of the same lunches and breakfast. Is there anything special you buy when you go to the store? DH thinks everything I bought is a waste because it's not boxed macaroni or chicken burgers.

December 10th, 2008, 10:55 AM
ana410ny's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
..... DH thinks everything I bought is a waste because it's not boxed macaroni or chicken burgers.[/b]
whaaaaat?? Knock your DH in the head or something.

What I've been doing is adjusting the way everyone eats around the house, that way I can eat the same dinner they are eating. So far i've switched everyone to Whole wheat pasta (which you cant' even tell the difference), brown rice, whole wheat bread... well.. everything whole wheat that I normally used to buy white.

I've also cut out the veg. oil to prepare food, either I'll use PAM or if I need need need oil.. I'll use olive oil. but i'm finding out that you really dont' need much oil for anything.

I've also cut down a lot of the sodium (salt) I add to the food.. family can barely tell the difference really. So, once I've cut out as much fat, sodium, sugar I could possibly cut out... I make sure to eat the right size portion.

Ideally you want to be staring down at a plate that's mostly green, orange, or yellow (veggies)... then your serving of protein and a little bit of the whatever carb you are serving. That's what i've been doing and it's working wonderfully. Not only am I eating healthy, but so is the rest of the family.

I know I didnt give ya exactly what you were looking for.. but maybe you can use that to help you keep your meals varied. I mean.. one can only eat wheat wrap so many times before you start dreading it coming into contact with your mouth
December 10th, 2008, 04:07 PM
peacoxx's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to peacoxx
Okay first off, DH is crazy...all the stuff you got is great! It's good for you and well as long as you eat it, then two thumbs up! I have found that i repeat a lot of the same things too, geez i can only eat chicken breast but so many days and weeks! lol

I have been checking websites for easy recipes. There is nothing worse than seeing a recipe but the ingredients include items i have never heard of, don't have and can't find.

Surf thru low fat, quick recipes, and keep tabs on the ones u know u can make and u know u will have the items available. That's about the best i can say lol

and ditto to everything ana said... i use

whole wheat pasta
no more than 2% milk
2% cheeses (if i must use them)
low sodium broths
low or no sodium seasonings
olive oil & nonstick sprays
olive oil buttery spread instead of butter

Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

December 10th, 2008, 07:05 PM
RaspberryBeret's Avatar Kara mom to J & A
Send a message via Yahoo to RaspberryBeret
Yeah DH can be a dummy about eating healthy. And he thinks the things I eat isn't healthy hahaha! Silly men!

I have switched over everything to whole wheat too. It's tastes better in my opinion. It just seems like the past three days all I have wanted is...

Breakfast- Honeynut cherrios, fruit of some kind
Snack- hummus & pita
Lunch- Salads
Dinner- Whole wheat pasta and red sauce with onions and veggies

It's all healthy things but I feel like I should switch things up haha. Maybe I should just tire myself on these things to try other stuff. I'll have to look up recipes too. Thanks ladies!

December 11th, 2008, 05:23 PM
fka teresarunningmommy
I eat cottage cheese, yogurt, and egg whites a lot. I also do Fiber one pancakes & sugar free syrup and oatmeal a lot too. Lunch things I do a lot of vegetarian stuff or chicken or fish and then pasta, rice, or veggies or wraps. Dinner I kind of wing it and we do a lot of crockpot meals. I have started buying the Ronzoni Smart (something) can't remember what it's called but it is got the fiber and stuff but it's not whole wheat because my family complains about it too much. I eat whole wheat pasta a lot myself though.

Check out my running blog - Wannabe Running Mama
December 12th, 2008, 05:25 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to sjkduke Send a message via Yahoo to sjkduke
We switched over to the whole wheat pasta a while back, and love it. I do sometimes get the Plus pasta, like Teresa is talking about.

I like to get one allrecipes.com and search through their recipes. Also, sparkpeople has TONS of healthy recipes. I got on there last night a printed a BUNCH. Yum, can't wait to try the Mediterranian Chicken!

I'm pretty bad about getting bored with what I eat too. I'm working on getting better about that. I got the 40 calorie Nature's Own bread and I make sandwiches with that if I can't stand a pita or a wrap. String cheese, salad always on hand with some low-fat or fat free dressing. Oh, and lots of low-sodium healthy soups! Make a microwaved one with a grilled cheese(with weight watchers cheese, or the 2% cheese) and that's a nice comforting meal.

December 12th, 2008, 06:12 AM
Proverbs31Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have not changed my shopping list (but one item). The usual stuff for the house are:
Spinash - my favorite (I eat spinach with nothing else!!)
Green Peas - Precious favorite (she wont eat without green peas in her food!)
Fruit cups - the girls love peaches A LOT
7 Grain Bread
Lactaid milk
100% Juice - BUT I have stopped taking juice, I drink water instead and when sooo tempted, I add half water and use sippy cup which is ONE CUP to account for it.
Goya Marie Crackers- I FELT A BIG WINNER YESTERDAY when I walked PAST the Marie golden color packets and left it. i went home and there is one packet there - and though I wanted it, I DECIDED not to have it.
Beef
Chicken
Pork Chops
Rice
Peppers
Tomatoes
Cilantro
(at times) Fish (Sardines)

My food tactics right now is to eliminate the crackers, eat the same foods in half the quantities (or quarter) and eat more often during the day coz my nutritionist informed me that - eating once a day is a big problem with weight because whatever I eat stores up as fat to protect the body against upcoming/expected hours of hunger. If I eat healthy stuff every 3 hours, I would be good (why do I feel like I have said this before)

Last night I ate Sardines/Spinach and corn meal. It was soooo delicious but I slapped myself to my portions!
Jordan - 3 yrs old
Children are an inheritance from the Lord. The fruit of the womb a reward.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search