OMG.. 10 lb loss so far

Forum: Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss and Fitness LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 10th, 2008, 10:42 PM
ana410ny's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I weighed myself this morning and the scale read

I cant' believe i'm in the 150's already. Another 4 more pounds and that's how much I weighed when I got here to Germany and right before I started having my babies. Not that it was good that I was 154 but it's a start. About 8 months before I got to germany I was about 138 or something like that.. i put on about 20lbs when my dad started chemo.

I totally stopped exercising... I used to get fast food because that was all the time I had for... I was still in the Army (reserve), working full time, and going to school full time.

My days started at 6am... go to work until 4pm... then go to school until 10pm... then I would head over to the hospital to relieve my mom that had been at the hospital the whole day with my dad... I would stay there until she came back which was pretty late at night. I would get a couple of hours of sleep here and there but that was it.

Towards the end of my dad's life.. I had stopped going to school, put in my resignation at work and spent most my days at the hospital. A couple months after, my dad passed away and I was a total mess on the inside but I had to remain strong because I've always been the one the family leans on for comfort... my dad passed away June 04 and in August 04 I came to join my husband in Germany.. that's when I broke down and went into deep depression for the first 6 months I was here.

By the way... almost that entire time.. me and my husband were trying to conceive and werent' successful. I used to cry for days because all my dad ever asked me was.. when am I going to get a grandson. I would tell him.. we're trying dad, but it's not happening.. I'm so sorry. I knew that I wasnt' going to get pregnant before he passed away and there was nothing I could do.

When I hit 154.. i was like..wait a minute.. what am I doing. So I started working out and then Oct 04, I saw my first BFP.

Anyway... sorry.. I like went way off on a tangent.. but I needed that. I miss my dad so much.. it still hurts as if it just happened yesterday. The tears just roll of my face whenever I talk about it. Okay.. I need to stop crying.. my kids are about to wake up and my daughter will sure ask me why I'm crying.

Sorry for rambling off like that.. but I gave ya a little bit of my background
December 11th, 2008, 05:10 AM
Mom2DyJessAva's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i just wanted to say congrats on the weightloss and keep up the good work...

i also wanted to say im so sorryfor your dad passing..just know that he is watching you and he is seeing his grandbabies all the time!

December 11th, 2008, 05:28 AM
peacoxx's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to peacoxx
great for you girl! I am so happy...i think it's little milestones like this that fuel our motivation! Keep it up

Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

December 11th, 2008, 08:41 AM
RaspberryBeret's Avatar Kara mom to J & A
Send a message via Yahoo to RaspberryBeret
I'm sorry about your dad Ana! I understand how hard it can be when it seems like the whole world is weighing down on you! Congrats on the weightloss!!! Keep it up girl!

December 11th, 2008, 11:39 AM
fka teresarunningmommy
That is so awesome Ana!!! I am so excited for you!

Check out my running blog - Wannabe Running Mama
December 11th, 2008, 12:15 PM
Proverbs31Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow! How motivating!!
Jordan - 3 yrs old
Children are an inheritance from the Lord. The fruit of the womb a reward.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search