My Gym embarrassing Mis-hap!

Forum: Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss and Fitness LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 11th, 2008, 12:55 PM
Proverbs31Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Of course I am still taking it very easy at the gym, with moderate walking, stretching sit-ups etc...

Yesterday when I was stretching, I heard TRUUE or TWEEE: I accidentally passed gas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everyone heard coz the place because very quiet suddenly and when I gathered courage to look at someone's face, it showed that he was really really controlling a chuckle. I was about done, but decided to stay longer to give them time to recover otherwise as soon as I walked out, everyone would burst out and luagh and that would make it more of an issue!!
Jordan - 3 yrs old
Children are an inheritance from the Lord. The fruit of the womb a reward.
December 11th, 2008, 01:22 PM
Bobbi's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good for you for staying. they will forget it and you can return to the gym. and leave it to a man to be the one to laugh.

thanks christy72 for my beautiful siggy Click the BF icon to see my BF slide Show!
December 11th, 2008, 01:29 PM
ana410ny's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
OMG.. you should hear my husband when we work out.. if there were a lot of guys there they'll probably just get a good chuckle out of it.. cuz like my husband always says.. FART = FUNNY.

so i wouldnt' be too embarrassed... everyone farts.. I fart all the time but my husband swears that I never fart.

December 11th, 2008, 02:35 PM
peacoxx's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to peacoxx
Aw man that SUCKS....but how dare a MAN even start to chuckle when he was probably passing some the whole time! lol It reminds me of when i was in 2nd grade, we were in the library (so it's quiet time) a story was being read and i ripped a loud one! All the kids scooted away from me. I will NEVER forget that! But one of my friends used to always cover hers up with a shrug and would say "it's nature!" worked every time... lol

Quote:
OMG.. you should hear my husband when we work out.. if there were a lot of guys there they'll probably just get a good chuckle out of it.. cuz like my husband always says.. FART = FUNNY.

so i wouldnt' be too embarrassed... everyone farts.. I fart all the time but my husband swears that I never fart. [/b]
<<-- TMI but i am the gas queen....i think mine are way worse than DH's. He loves me anyways lol. That's how i knew my husband was the one, cause i never feel embarrassed around him.

Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

December 11th, 2008, 02:37 PM
RaspberryBeret's Avatar Kara mom to J & A
Send a message via Yahoo to RaspberryBeret
It's OK hun everyone farts. I have a child's mind when it comes to humor so if I would have passed the gas I probably would have busted out laughing myself.

December 11th, 2008, 05:42 PM
fka teresarunningmommy
Oh I can relate. When I first started increasing the fiber in my diet I had all kinds of problems with gas. It was really embarrassing. Thankfully for me it didn't happen at the gym just at home.

Check out my running blog - Wannabe Running Mama
December 12th, 2008, 09:00 AM
Proverbs31Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
And yes, i went back to the gym yesterday afternoon and the same people who were there the previous day were there and I did not care. They did not seem to remember so we all said hi bye's and moved on...

Will be there again today before I go home.

Only 3 regular days and I FEEL GREAT!
Jordan - 3 yrs old
Children are an inheritance from the Lord. The fruit of the womb a reward.
December 12th, 2008, 09:05 AM
TrainingWithTonya's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to TrainingWithTonya
Don't worry about it! Stretching always does that to someone! I use to teach a Pilates class to a group of middle aged women in an office building at lunch time. You'd have thought it was a kindergarten class the way they laughed at all the farts. Just FYI: downward dog (the yoga pose in my siggy) is the worst for causing it, so you may want to avoid that one if you get embarrassed. Otherwise, don't worry about it because they all do it too.
Masters in Exercise Science Starting August 2012 at the University of South Florida

December 13th, 2008, 10:10 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
I am laughing myself Only because I have done it too, just never in a gym

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search