Biggest loser challenges suggestions

Forum: Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss and Fitness LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 6th, 2009, 05:43 PM
Wolfmama09's Avatar " He's a marshmallow!"
So as y'all know we are about to embark on a new adventure starting Monday Febuary 9th
.......THE BIGGEST LOSER CHALLENGE!!!!

Some challenge ideas that I've found or come up with include

1. team 5k..forgive me for not knowing how much a "k' is lol. But either way you split upt he amount and each team member has to walk/run that amount
2. eat all your veggies/ fruits. Eat all recommended dosages (lol) of vegetables/fruits
3. Water challenges
4.going out to eat challenge where you have to make healthy choices.
5. recipe swap challenge: one member posts a recipe and the other members recreate it in their own version.

Whata re some ideas you have that we can do?

February 6th, 2009, 06:34 PM
peacoxx's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to peacoxx
those are good ideas...maybe we can do something where we all have to incorporate a certain food into our dinner or something... For example we may pick parsley, and we have to put parsley in a dinner and each of us shares what we did...or for something bigger, maybe eggplant...just an example idk lol

Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

February 6th, 2009, 06:45 PM
Wolfmama09's Avatar " He's a marshmallow!"
That's a great idea! lol, I'm a very picky eater and don't like to try new things so this may just be the kick I need to start trying diffrent foods lol.

February 6th, 2009, 07:26 PM
peacoxx's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to peacoxx
i am not too picky but i am not usually one to try to make something myself lol

Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

February 6th, 2009, 10:21 PM
dorkymommy
Oh boy...now I'm getting nervous!
February 6th, 2009, 10:44 PM
MountainMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MountainMomma
Quote:
Oh boy...now I'm getting nervous! [/b]

me too. I am a bit of a finicky eater. Plus, I only shop for groceries once a month, and I did that today. Not sure that I'll be able to get something special for food challenges like that. (Nor would I know what to do with something like eggplant!)

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my new siggy!

Click on my blinkies to tour some of my favorite boards!
February 7th, 2009, 02:26 AM
ana410ny's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would love it if we could do a prize of some sort to the biggest loser. Not sure how it would work out.. or if it would work at all. What do you girls think? If we do something like that.. maybe everyone puts in $5 or something, then who ever loses the most wins the pot... or we could try this out on our next go around.. we can just do this month's without a cash prize and consider this for later. I dont know.. lol just throwing that idea out there.
February 7th, 2009, 06:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I think it'd be neat if we all chipped in $5 for a prize. As far as buying specific foods I may not be able to without lots of notice. I shop once every two weeks and making a special trip to the store is really a pain for me with the two babies. I am so housebound because getting out with them is difficult.

I did buy a new jogging stroller with my tax return. I am now anxious to use it and take lots of walks.

I think water/fruit/veggie challenges are great! Another great challenge is the team that walks/runs the furthest distance.

You all have such great ideas!
February 7th, 2009, 07:08 AM
Veteran
i really want to do the BL but im gonna be away, so im worried i wont be able to participate as much as i should? i will be accountable to my partner and it will SO help me while im at disney to stay focused and get up early to work out before our day begins each day.....is it still ok if im in?

Liam July 3 2006
Caitlyn June 17 2008
February 7th, 2009, 10:17 AM
Mellza's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have thought it would be neat to put in some money for charity... like a min. of $5donation to a charity of the winners choice, that way if it is online everyone could contribute their $5, but it would be on the honors system. Just a thought. If not that, then paypal is an option if you wanted to do a pot, either way I'd be willing to put in $5, sounds like fun!

Ps: if we did charity I think we could donate the money from behalf of our group... (I think) not real sure, but just thrwing that out there

Mom to Logan, my beautiful angel son. 7/8/07 - 2/19/08
Collin , born on Oct. 15th 2010, 9.11 lbs. 100% breastfeeding, cloth diapered, all organic goodness.

Baby #3 on the way. EDD May 21st, 2012
SAHM, Student (science major). Volunteer (Arkansas Childrens Hospital).
Facebook :http://www.facebook.com/melly.jeffers
Family blog: http://mellyjimandcounting.blogspot.com/
My first son Logan, 7/8/07 - 2/19/08.
6 months in the NICU, 1 month at home, missed and thought about every single day.

Logans blog: logansworld.blog.com
February 7th, 2009, 10:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I think charity is a great idea. A few years ago I belonged to a group that did a similar challenge and we had a few people that weren't quite honest about it in hopes of winning the pot so I think charity will make the challenge more fun for everyone and that way those who are unable to contribute won't have to feel bad about it either! Maybe the winner could have the honor of choosing the charity.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search