Hi girls

Forum: Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss and Fitness LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 8th, 2009, 03:16 PM
4boys
Hey ladies, I haven't been posting much lately and I haven't joined any of the new challenges. I am just kind of discouraged. Seems I can't lose any weight right now, I've been the same since November. I haven't even been weighing in on Fridays lately. It's really really frustrating to try and do everything you can to lose and nothing much happens. I know that probably most of it is due to not getting my periods back since having Reid and he is ten months old today so I'm not sure what's keeping them away (I have never breastfed, in case anyone was wondering). And I'm pretty sure my thyroid function is also low. I am currently on some different herb combinations to help get all that going but I've only been taking them for just over a week and it might take a month or longer to work.

Soooo.....all of this to say that I am not going to be participating in all the weight loss stuff until I get all this figured out. I do come here to track my food and exercise because I know I can't slack there even if I don't see a difference in my weight or measurements. That is my biggest challenge right now -- not giving up even if there is no progress! I guess I just wanted to let you all know what's going on with me. But once my body sorts itself out I will definitely be around more. Thanks for being so supportive, ladies.
February 8th, 2009, 03:30 PM
TrainingWithTonya's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to TrainingWithTonya
Hugs! I know that your hormones will have an effect on your ability to lose weight. They are what caused my 20 pound weight gain in the fall. I'd talk to your doctor about checking your estrogen levels. Not that your doctor will blame that, but I know from my certifications and my own female issues that they can definitely have a major effect. Getting your hormones in sync will help with the periods too.
Masters in Exercise Science Starting August 2012 at the University of South Florida

February 8th, 2009, 03:52 PM
ana410ny's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Erin, I feel real bad because I know you've been working your tush off. I really hope you get things figured out soon.
February 8th, 2009, 04:01 PM
Amy B.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope you get everything figured out soon. I would be very discouraged if I were you too. Don't be a stranger!

Thank you, peimum, for my beautiful siggy!

February 8th, 2009, 04:22 PM
Kris2you's Avatar Live-Laugh-Love
Send a message via MSN to Kris2you Send a message via Yahoo to Kris2you
Ditto to what the girls have said! *HUGS* We are here for you anytime you need us though
February 8th, 2009, 05:46 PM
peacoxx's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to peacoxx
Big ((hugs)). We understand, just don't give up! Even if you go some more weeks without weight loss we want you to continue pressing forward and maybe we can figure some things out. There are some other girls having problems due to medications and things of that sort, so hang in there, you are NOT alone!

Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

February 8th, 2009, 09:10 PM
4boys
Thank you ladies for your encouraging words. Your support means a lot! I am not giving up!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search