Do you plan?

Forum: Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss and Fitness LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 8th, 2009, 07:03 PM
Wolfmama09's Avatar " He's a marshmallow!"
Do you plan your meals ahead or do you jsut kinda go with the flow and pick things to eat?

February 8th, 2009, 07:12 PM
~*Mandy*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I plan most of my meals ahead.

On my good days I usually typically eat pretty much the same things so its easy for me to plan ahead and know what I'm going to have ahead of time. If I have something planned out I stay more on track than the days I just go with the flow.

*Thank you *Sharon* for my amazing siggy!*

February 8th, 2009, 07:24 PM
lol it hink that's wher ei"m messing up I jsut tend to go with the flow lol. I've decided to start planning out things so I have some idea as to what I will be eating rather than me goign in the pantry and being like, oh i'll eat this lol.

February 8th, 2009, 07:31 PM
mrs_pbow's Avatar I'LL ROCK YOUR SOCKS
Send a message via Yahoo to mrs_pbow
i go with the flow. My kids eat what I do a lot of the times so I don't want to do the same thing everyday and I want it to be healthy for them as well, not just low fat. I do pretty well with meals its the snacking that kills me!

<3
February 8th, 2009, 07:34 PM
peacoxx's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to peacoxx
i try to at least plan the night before. I kinda have an idea the week before, but the night before is more of a confirmation. But i have NO idea what i am doing this week. I'll probably decide that tonight lol

Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

February 8th, 2009, 07:39 PM
lol there's no way i could plan for the entire week lol. My head would probably explode lol.

February 8th, 2009, 07:40 PM
Kris2you's Avatar Live-Laugh-Love
Send a message via MSN to Kris2you Send a message via Yahoo to Kris2you
I plan my grocery list based on my menu that I have picked out. So yea, I definitely plan!
February 8th, 2009, 09:05 PM
MountainMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MountainMomma
I only shop once a month, so I have a basic idea of what kind of meals I am going to have throughout the month...how frequently I want each meal, but I generally decide for sure the night before what I plan on eating.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my new siggy!

Click on my blinkies to tour some of my favorite boards!
February 9th, 2009, 12:00 AM
ana410ny's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I plan 2wks out and then just start again with Week1Day1 meal... and every now and then I'll make something new but I usually stick to my 2wk menu. (it makes things so much easier to shop for groceries) My husband likes it this way because we dont' end up eating the same meal for at least 2wks.
February 9th, 2009, 04:58 AM
Veteran
no way! im am so not that organized. i did look in the fridge last night cause i thought we were outta lettuce, and we are, so i know i have to get some before lunch cause i always have salad for lunch....so i guess that counts!!

Liam July 3 2006
Caitlyn June 17 2008
February 9th, 2009, 05:30 AM
Amy B.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I only shop once a month, so I have a basic idea of what kind of meals I am going to have throughout the month...how frequently I want each meal, but I generally decide for sure the night before what I plan on eating.[/b]
It not only saves me lots of money to do it this way, it also makes it so we don't eat out very often. I know I have food at home at any given moment. I also like posting my food entry in the morning on here so I can try and stick to it throughout the day.

Thank you, peimum, for my beautiful siggy!

February 9th, 2009, 06:19 AM
TrainingWithTonya's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to TrainingWithTonya
We grocery shop every 2 weeks, so I plan out dinners and grab enough healthy snacks to get me through. I end up doing breakfast and lunch at school, though, so I'm stuck with what they have here on those days. I guess you could say I do a little of both.
Masters in Exercise Science Starting August 2012 at the University of South Florida

February 9th, 2009, 07:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Since I became a SAHM I started planning. I make a 2 week menu and go to the store to get those things. I don't plan on what days, I just have a list of meals we will eat for the next two weeks so each morning I can pick a meal off the list to make for dinner that day. I've saved a lot on the grocery bill. My main motivation though is to not have to go to the grocery store very often. It is hard dragging the twins out. I try to shop on the weekend when SO can stay home with them.
February 9th, 2009, 07:18 AM
mrsroseblack's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: Originally from Texas, In Delaware and moving to Alaska!
Usually I go with the flow and eat whatever sounds good (I usually eat the same type of stuff so I know what fits with what as far as my points). Sometimes I plan ahead if there something I want to eat that's more points so I can fit lower points food around it.

Thank you Cherry Berry. for my adorable siggy!

February 9th, 2009, 08:16 AM
Mega Super Mommy
plan plan plan. Failing to plan is planning to fail in my book. I don't do well with going with the flow hence why I'm losing these same 40 lbs again.
February 9th, 2009, 08:26 AM
becky_mommyof4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i just kinda go with the flow

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search